Page 88 of 108 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889909198 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

Default Re: Watcha eating?

Quote Originally Posted by dmccarty View Post
    Since Toppop is using fancy words, "dripolaters" I had to google. I THINK a "dipolater" is just a pot that holds the grounds and lets the hot water seep through? I found some antique ones for sale. Does Montgomery Ward's still exist or is someone showing their age? The search actually FOUND Toppop's mention of "dripolaters" which was a bit scary.

My machine worked this morning. You have to push the button just right....

SS funnel and quart measuring "cup" will be here today which will allow me, I hope, to make my own dripolators. If I keep saying dripolator, I am going to have to wear a funny Roman hat, have a space ship looking like a V2 rocket, carry a ray gun, travel to Mars, and have it out with Bugs Bunny.

Later,
    Dan
    Better make it an lludium PU-36 Space Modulator! Those pesky wabbits show up at the strangest times!
    Randy
    Southern boy and proud to tell it! Live and let live...

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

____
    Jay

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post

Silence earthling, watch as I blast your puny planet to smithereens!
    Randy

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

I hope you were doing the voice as you typed that. Ya gotta do the voice.
    ____
    Jay

Silver Member
    Tractor
    yanmar gt14

My fil raised his own pigs and chickens. If the pigs didn't have at least two inches of fat on their backs they were'nt ready to slaughter.The chickens were so fat they couldn't run when it was their time. He cooked EVERTHING in pork lard. If there was'nt a pot of rice on the stove it wasn't time to eat. When the doctors ran blood tests after a truck pulled out in front him they did a second colesterol test because the first one was so low they thought the lab had screwed up. It was something like 45 for his LDL. The doc asked about his diet, and he told him rice and gravy with beans on the side. He ate beans that he grew in his garden every day. He grew so many different varities tha he could eat a differant bean each day.They were like the pot of rice, no beans then it's not time to eat. He lived to be 95 and ate the same food that would have the rest of us under the knife. The only time he didn;t have rice and gravy with beans was when he had FRIED pork, chicken, or fish. All fried in pork lard. I pop the two colesterol pills everday,right after I eaat my beans with supper.

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    You know, a significant and perhaps dominant factor in all this food and diet talk is how much outgo a person has. If you are sitting on a couch all day eating carrots and get zero cardio workout I would guess you are in worse shape than a guy that cardio works out an hour every day but eats a McDonald's hamburger on a regular basis. What you eat is absolutely important but unless you are working it out, my friend the heart doc says we are kidding ourselves.

In fact, he says his experience shows the determining factor of how well a person does, post heart attack or blockage is the amout and type of cardio exercise they do. Diet is important, yes...but.
    6dogs, I agree with you but we are both WRONG! Yes, we are proven wrong by science yet again.

"Sponsored by the World Health Organization, the INTERHEART study you point out was indeed a monumental undertaking, trying to tease out modifiable risk factors for heart attacks across populations in more than 50 countries on every inhabited continent. They concluded that more than 90% of the risk of our #1 killer is attributed to things we can do something about, like eating fruits and vegetables every day.

The most important risk factor by far was cholesterol twice as important as exercise followed by smoking. The designated discussant at the European Society of Cardiology Congress, where the results were first reported, lamented œankind is doing a good job of killing himself. Their follow-up study, called INTERSTROKE, published in 2010 concluded that 90% of strokes were preventable as well."

What about the INTERHEART study on heart attack risk factors? | NutritionFacts.org

Brin - I like the Quote: "All plants move, they don't usually pull themselves out of the ground and chase you!"

M. E. Race, you fil's diet sounds just like my grandpa's, he died at 63 after a long battle with heart disease. If we could just find that gene or whatever your fil has, that a small % of people have, that keep them immune from heart disease no matter what their diet is. If ...if...if
    TXDon

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Thanks TXDon...Good comments, as always.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post

That is what I looked like this morning when I was using my home made dripolator!

The microwave took 8.5 minutes to heat one quart of water to 200 degrees. One thing I noticed last night was that the pour spout on the Pyrex "cup" is not large enough to pour well. Ye have to be real careful or you spill water all over the place. Seems like I hear/read a review years ago complaining about that spout.

I put the coffee basket in the SS funnel, the funnel went into the SS coffee pot and I started pouring water. It took a few times pours to avoid overfilling the basket which I expected. Coffee was pretty good and the dripolator only cost me $5.01.

Penny saved is a penny earned.

JD just showed up with our new lawn mower. Glad I saved a few dollars on the coffee maker so I could pay for the lawn mower! To save more money, I might have to cut back on the trips to Mars....

Later,
    Dan

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

Quote Originally Posted by dmccarty View Post
    That is what I looked like this morning when I was using my home made dripolator!

The microwave took 8.5 minutes to heat one quart of water to 200 degrees. One thing I noticed last night was that the pour spout on the Pyrex "cup" is not large enough to pour well. Ye have to be real careful or you spill water all over the place. Seems like I hear/read a review years ago complaining about that spout.

I put the coffee basket in the SS funnel, the funnel went into the SS coffee pot and I started pouring water. It took a few times pours to avoid overfilling the basket which I expected. Coffee was pretty good and the dripolator only cost me $5.01.

Penny saved is a penny earned.

JD just showed up with our new lawn mower. Glad I saved a few dollars on the coffee maker so I could pay for the lawn mower! To save more money, I might have to cut back on the trips to Mars....

Later,
    Dan
    Don't be stupid! Get a cultural exchange permit and a government grant, then you can go exchange cultures on special occasions, such as your fifth anniversary with Beyonce', Yo!
    Randy

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

OK then, back to Watcha eating?

Lima beans with home made salsa and a big salad. Carrot cake muffin for desert.
    TXDon

Page 88 of 108 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889909198 ... LastLast