Watcha eating?

/ Watcha eating? #1  

Soggy Bottom Outdoors

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 john deere 5075E and others
I get came in from checking fences do to last nights storms. Everything is patched up solid. I'm sitting down to a large bowl of brown(pinto) beans and corn bread with a little onion and pinch of hot pepper. Just wondering what the rest of you might be having for supper? I've never traveled north or northeast much so the culture,and likewise the cuisine is new to me. Most of my area of KY was settled by French and English. Very few Germans, Irish, or Scots and the food reflects that. I'm sure that maple syrup is common in VT and NH but it is rarely used here. Sorgum molasses is common here but it is eaten with "cow salve" butter and homemade "cathead" buscuits as a dessert. So watcha eatin?

/ Watcha eating? #2  
I get came in from checking fences do to last nights storms. Everything is patched up solid. I'm sitting down to a large bowl of brown(pinto) beans and corn bread with a little onion and pinch of hot pepper. Just wondering what the rest of you might be having for supper? I've never traveled north or northeast much so the culture,and likewise the cuisine is new to me. Most of my area of KY was settled by French and English. Very few Germans, Irish, or Scots and the food reflects that. I'm sure that maple syrup is common in VT and NH but it is rarely used here. Sorgum molasses is common here but it is eaten with "cow salve" butter and homemade "cathead" buscuits as a dessert. So watcha eatin?
wow i don't know how i missed you when i ate i know we had to be at the same table almost. i had brown bean's for the second night with a little onion and some radishes and home grown ear of corn and some fried apples and glass of whole milk.

/ Watcha eating? #4  
Made a couple of garlic and herb basted pork loin filets. Also had some brussel sprouts tossed about in a hot skillet with some salt, pepper, and butter.

/ Watcha eating?
Now Sam, did that bowl of beans have some cornbread to go with it? On a humerous note. Thats the largest "disagreement" my wife and have had during our marriage. How to "correctly" make cornbread. My family only makes it with corn meal in an iron skillet, hers uses the boxed sweet corn muffin mix. Nasty, tastes like cake. For those interested the beans are most commonly pintos. White, navy, kidney or some other kind are just not the same.

/ Watcha eating? #6  
well no we didnot have the corn bread tonight we did have it last night. yeah it was fixed in a iron skillet with corn meal but im not real big on the corn bread so when we have beans the first night i will make me a big bowl of beans cornbread home canned tomatoes and onions all mixed up in big bowl. the 2nd night the beans are used kinda as a inhancement so just use plate. you must have married a city girl looking for the easy way out. just kidding don't send her after cause im to old to run.oh yeah itwas light bread tonight our power been off for 4 hrs today.

/ Watcha eating? #7  
Homemade vegetable beef soup and grilled cheese sammies here!

/ Watcha eating? #8  
My wifes homemade giant meatballs, rice pasta, and organic tomato basil sauce. Washed down with a Yuengling Black & Tan or 3...

/ Watcha eating? #9  
Venison stir-fry! Venison, yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots, onions and pineapple in a tasty sweet chili sauce served over rice. :cool2::licking:

Joe

/ Watcha eating? #10  
Man that sounds good, my wife only lets me eat that about twice a year and then I get to sleep alone