Page 1 of 108 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    1962 Case 830 1958 Case 800 1935 Case Model L 1940 Case Model NL Stationary Hay Press 1960 Case MTA EXT 3 X 14 plows 1953 Case VAC 14

Default Watcha eating?

I get came in from checking fences do to last nights storms. Everything is patched up solid. I'm sitting down to a large bowl of brown(pinto) beans and corn bread with a little onion and pinch of hot pepper. Just wondering what the rest of you might be having for supper? I've never traveled north or northeast much so the culture,and likewise the cuisine is new to me. Most of my area of KY was settled by French and English. Very few Germans, Irish, or Scots and the food reflects that. I'm sure that maple syrup is common in VT and NH but it is rarely used here. Sorgum molasses is common here but it is eaten with "cow salve" butter and homemade "cathead" buscuits as a dessert. So watcha eatin?

Tractor
    new holland tn70

Default Re: Watcha eating?

Quote Originally Posted by Soggy Bottom Outdoors View Post
    I get came in from checking fences do to last nights storms. Everything is patched up solid. I'm sitting down to a large bowl of brown(pinto) beans and corn bread with a little onion and pinch of hot pepper. Just wondering what the rest of you might be having for supper? I've never traveled north or northeast much so the culture,and likewise the cuisine is new to me. Most of my area of KY was settled by French and English. Very few Germans, Irish, or Scots and the food reflects that. I'm sure that maple syrup is common in VT and NH but it is rarely used here. Sorgum molasses is common here but it is eaten with "cow salve" butter and homemade "cathead" buscuits as a dessert. So watcha eatin?
    wow i don't know how i missed you when i ate i know we had to be at the same table almost. i had brown bean's for the second night with a little onion and some radishes and home grown ear of corn and some fried apples and glass of whole milk.

Rice, lentils, chicken, veggies.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 3510H, Simplicity SunStar

Made a couple of garlic and herb basted pork loin filets. Also had some brussel sprouts tossed about in a hot skillet with some salt, pepper, and butter.
    Hast weh getan, hast gut getan

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1962 Case 830 1958 Case 800 1935 Case Model L 1940 Case Model NL Stationary Hay Press 1960 Case MTA EXT 3 X 14 plows 1953 Case VAC 14

Now Sam, did that bowl of beans have some cornbread to go with it? On a humerous note. Thats the largest "disagreement" my wife and have had during our marriage. How to "correctly" make cornbread. My family only makes it with corn meal in an iron skillet, hers uses the boxed sweet corn muffin mix. Nasty, tastes like cake. For those interested the beans are most commonly pintos. White, navy, kidney or some other kind are just not the same.

Tractor
    new holland tn70

well no we didnot have the corn bread tonight we did have it last night. yeah it was fixed in a iron skillet with corn meal but im not real big on the corn bread so when we have beans the first night i will make me a big bowl of beans cornbread home canned tomatoes and onions all mixed up in big bowl. the 2nd night the beans are used kinda as a inhancement so just use plate. you must have married a city girl looking for the easy way out. just kidding don't send her after cause im to old to run.oh yeah itwas light bread tonight our power been off for 4 hrs today.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B2920

Homemade vegetable beef soup and grilled cheese sammies here!

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

My wifes homemade giant meatballs, rice pasta, and organic tomato basil sauce. Washed down with a Yuengling Black & Tan or 3...
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Venison stir-fry! Venison, yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots, onions and pineapple in a tasty sweet chili sauce served over rice.

Joe
    Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by Soggy Bottom Outdoors View Post
    Man that sounds good, my wife only lets me eat that about twice a year and then I get to sleep alone
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Page 1 of 108 12341151101 ... LastLast