Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this.

/ Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this. #1  

ustmd

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
We have had unseasonably warm weather here--Sunday was 72. So I trimmed the roses and started to put compost around the base. The compost pile (horse manure) is ~100 yrds from the rose garden and downhill (so uphill going from the compost pile). I should also mention we have 40-50 mature roses in the yard.

Well after about the third trip with the wheel barrow, I had a sudden rush of intelligence to the head.:p

I own a tractor.

The tractor has an FEL.

The tractor can get very close, if not into the rose garden.

I could use the FEL on the tractor to move the compost to the rose garden.:cool2:

My wife was kind to me. She said she was wondering why I was using the wheel barrel instead of the tractor, but she thought I would figure it out for myself before I did 10 or 15 trips. If I made 20 trips with the wheel barrel, she said she would have said something.

/ Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this. #2  
I haven't owned a wheel barrow since I have owned a tractor with a FEL.. I have no use for the darn things, as a tractor is just a big self propelled wheel barrow. And way more fun!

James K0UA

/ Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this. #3  
We have had unseasonably warm weather here--Sunday was 72. So I trimmed the roses and started to put compost around the base. The compost pile (horse manure) is ~100 yrds from the rose garden and downhill (so uphill going from the compost pile). I should also mention we have 40-50 mature roses in the yard.

Well after about the third trip with the wheel barrow, I had a sudden rush of intelligence to the head.:p

I own a tractor.

The tractor has an FEL.

The tractor can get very close, if not into the rose garden.

I could use the FEL on the tractor to move the compost to the rose garden.:cool2:

My wife was kind to me. She said she was wondering why I was using the wheel barrel instead of the tractor, but she thought I would figure it out for myself before I did 10 or 15 trips. If I made 20 trips with the wheel barrel, she said she would have said something.
That's just funny...........I don't care who ya are:laughing:

/ Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this. #4  
I haven't owned a wheel barrow since I have owned a tractor with a FEL.. I have no use for the darn things, as a tractor is just a big self propelled wheel barrow. And way more fun!

James K0UA

Yep. I kept my old wheelbarrow around a couple years after getting the tractor, then I realized I had no use for the thing. It was always a pain to store inside and the tire was always flat. So, I donated it to the horse rescue place down the road.

/ Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this. #5  
That's just funny...........I don't care who ya are:laughing:

X's 2 Got to give the wheelbarrow some work once and awhile, earn its keep so to speak, must have been what he was thinking:thumbsup::laughing:

/ Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this. #6  
It only took three trips to figure it out, that is a good day !:thumbsup:

/ Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this. #7  
Reminds me of something my old Aunt Elsie used to say - "Git away from that wheelbarrow - you know you don't know nuthin' about machinery!"

/ Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this. #8  
   / Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this. #9  
Wheelbarrow: Prehistoric FEL. . .. . . . . . .
Smilinjak

/ Some days I think I am smart, but then there are days like this. #10  
I think my wheelbarrow is in the barn? Haven't used it in years!

mark