well problem i think help

/ well problem i think help
Mark thank's as soon as the rain gets out it's suppose to be nice saterday i will run the test and see. i was thinking wrong on the tank. yesterday i watched the preasure for over a hour and it held firm never went down any.

/ well problem i think help #22  
oh and no haven't figured out the air yet why it's there and where it's getting in. i elimanated the house and still had problem so got to be either pump or switch im thinking.

It's a fairly common problem of air in the water, not 'getting in anywhere', Remains in the water until pressure is reduced and then comes out, just like co2 will when you open a shook up can. I get the occasional 'burst' also. Of course if it is constant, that is another ball of wax.

Harry K

/ well problem i think help
ok needless to say i have just today fixed my water problem. the weather turned bad and stayed bad so i still had water so i didn't mess with it till this weekend. saterday i finished spreeding lime with tractor and decided to clean it up, turned on water on out side spicket and the water shut off 4 times before i got tractor clean. ok i got to fix this so sunday evening i decided to take a look at the switch and tank again, i looked at the guage it was reading 80 lb preasure and water driping from the hot water inlet directly above so i got excited i turned the power off and the water on and pulled the switch and the nipple 1/4 that the switch threads on was stoped up. so i got that fixed put new switch on and turned power back on the switch closed tank filled preasure stoped at 60 so i turned water on so i could see what the cut on preasure was and as the preasure droped to 40 and then 30 and then down to 0 the pump was not running. i said ok the pump has decided to go [i suspected it all along] so i go take well cap off and the wife flips the breaker and i can't hear the pump, so i get my meter and check the contacts on switch and i got power.so closed everything up called well guy told him what i had done and he said be there in the morning he show's up this morning and double checks all my work and turns on breaker and gets to the switch and flips the contacts and the water starts building preasure. so the end result was i had a piece of dirt in the contacts and a stopped up nipple. water working fine now and has not cut off so far today. what i thought was going to cost me $900 ended up costing $20. thanks everyone for your help:cool2::dance1: