Has anyone cut a 40ft container into 2 20's ? High cube - not available in 20.

/ Has anyone cut a 40ft container into 2 20's ? High cube - not available in 20.
Looks like I will have to trade in my F250 for an M35A3 after all... Those 40 footers weigh 4 ton empty. If I was to go that way, I suppose I could get 3 of them to make the 3 main sides of the barn with a 40x40 clear space in between. That would provide sufficient room for parking the backhoe, commuter car and a few other things.

I'm just concerned about having to manipulate something as big as a 40foot container along some of the roads. Actually, "road" is far too kind a word to use. Perhaps one could skid them in the winter when the ground is frozen ? (drag them behind a dozer with 2 lengthwise runners at the back and a single pad in the front).

I just know from experience that I don't want to do the main fabrication work "on site". If going somewhere remote, all systems need to be set up and tested and ready to go. I suppose, worst case scenario, that one may need to hire a crane to position them.

Stimw, you can be sure that orientation will be a major factor. The barn door / apron area will face south so that the sun can help keep these areas snow and ice free. Prevailing winds in winter are northerly to NW. Roof will slope down to the N to minimize the barn shadow. Solar panels will be installed on the front facade high enough so that cattle can't reach them, but low enough to be cleaned without needing a ladder. Slope will be to favor winter conditions for PV and minimize overheating in summer at midday. I'm hoping to argument the PV with thermal collectors, but they are not that readily available and delicate.

Decisions, decisions...

/ Has anyone cut a 40ft container into 2 20's ? High cube - not available in 20. #12  
They do skid pretty easily, that's how I got them off and back on the trailer.
I would set the rear on the ground, tilt the trailer bed up and slide off.
To get back on trailer I would back the tilted trailer as close as possible, attach a chain side to side at the pockets and pull the box on with a hydraulic cable winch on the front of the trailer.
If you are removing any taller trees you could chain them length wise to the box to skid them. A dozer should skid them with no problems like that.
I have shoved the boxes around shoving with the trailer or forklift and even jacked then pushed over to move into place. They are very rigid.
We used a 4 high Packer at the yard to load, unload, move around and stack.