Horse meat

/ Horse meat #41  
.. A chicken on the other hand is for food, has evolved that way and been bred for it. ...

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Yeah, right! You go right ahead and try to explain to our youngest that our chickens are NOT pets and CAN be used for food! :D:D:D

Youngest will only eat "fake" chicken nuggets! The chicken is real but the youngest still pretends the nuggets are fake chicken. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Horse meat #42  
We have wild horses in this area so when hay prices spiked we had problems with people dumping their horses in wild horse areas. Domestic horses do not know how to forage so they typcially starved.

Yes, and many do not realize that the horse is not a native species to the US. It was imported from Europe. I used to work at the Nevada Test Site and there were quite a few wild horses there. They were not nice animals - except to look at.

/ Horse meat #43  
You wouldn't have to "nag" me to try horse meat... I'm game. :laughing:

/ Horse meat #44  
Funny!
My wife and I ate some alligator last week at a roadside stand in Florida. Tasty but much too chewy.
We are almost always willing to try new stuff. We also bought some chocolate covered ants but neither of us liked them - very bitter. Its bad - we see something weird and dare each other and it usually ends up to be a case of "I will if you will". I still remember the canned kangaroo tail we bought - it was truly awful.... but maybe if it was cooked right???

/ Horse meat #45  
I never had horse meat that I know, seems to me I have heard that before. :D I have eaten dog, cat, snake, and I got so I prefer my rice with little red ants in it, no my wife won't cook it that way but they did in Thiland. Would like to try some horse, have heard that it has a good taste but that mule is even better.:licking:

/ Horse meat #46  
The Montangards cooked it, offered it and we ate it, horse was rare, strange western Highland and A Shau critters, barbequed on a stick a rock or in a pan with other weird things was common. Everything from an elephant killed by a truck to what they swear was tiger meat was eaten, I can't swear what was in the wooden bowl but most of it was edible and beat h3ll out of starvation. We couldn't be resupped at times for 30-40 days, so those little survival training tips came in handy. Things like shoot first and ask later and clean your plate there's starving grunts in Tan Son Nhut!

/ Horse meat #47  
Last time I was in Montreal I saw a couple of horse butcher shops. From what i've heard in the northeast, if you sell a horse cheap (or free) there is a good chance it will wind up being butchered in French Canada. I'd certainly eat horse if the alternative was going hungry. Though my sister and mother probably would stop speaking to me :)

/ Horse meat #48  
"Though my sister and mother probably would stop speaking to me :)"

Naaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

/ Horse meat #50  
as soon as ya give the animal / live stock a name your in trouble. and when there are kids around..... *ughs* get past that horses coming from kids and were pets. to actual horses raised as livestock, livestock raised type of doing there may be something there.