Trapping mice by launching them

/ Trapping mice by launching them #31  
interesting using the seeds . i wonder about the water, during winter, and have heard about using some 50/50 instead
i wonder if just some peanut butter around the inside edge of the bucket, and a ramp will make it happen without the rolling
can. maybe some seeds on the ramp to get them up there to smell the PB

can we reinvent the mousetrap?

Water doesn't work in Wisconsin past November and only tried antifreeze with the spinning can of death over one winter. It worked a little bit. I found that after doing the sunflower seed thing faithfully for half the summer up until the fall I didn't have any mice or chipmunks, or at least not enough to worry about. Next summer I will put a couple buckets out and walk past every 3 days and throw more sunflower seeds in and dump the bucket after awhile because it will start to stink.

After a few days the seeds start to sink. I was thinking about gluing some on a Styrofoam plate so they don't sink, but that is next year.

/ Trapping mice by launching them #32  
Does the bucket trick work with Chipmunk?

I know the sunflower seeds thrown in water and on a ramp like I explained in my other post works quite well for chipmunks. I put a bucket out on a sidewalk going from my house to the pole shed and walked back to the pole shed to get something, and on the way back to the house I glanced in and saw a chippy gasping for air already. Of course I don't really like to drown anything, but what do you do?

/ Trapping mice by launching them #33  
I know the sunflower seeds thrown in water and on a ramp like I explained in my other post works quite well for chipmunks. I put a bucket out on a sidewalk going from my house to the pole shed and walked back to the pole shed to get something, and on the way back to the house I glanced in and saw a chippy gasping for air already. Of course I don't really like to drown anything, but what do you do?

There driving me crazy and even started making a nest on top of my Truck engine with down from my firewall. They gots to go.

/ Trapping mice by launching them #34  
We also, had a cat for this. The cat advised us to concentrate on inside mice since the outside mice pose no threat and that mice prefer warm, cozy space. Anyway, the deal we negotiated with that cat was that he would hunt for mice 24/7 if we fed him well (he didn't like the taste of mice), let him sleep at the foot of our bed (when he wasn't hunting mice) and rub his ears (when he was on break from hunting mice). One day, he actually caught a mouse. We figured he fell asleep with his mouth open and a mouse wandered into his mouth, just as he woke up.

/ Trapping mice by launching them #38  
For those that are not a cat person like myself, get a rat terrier. We don't have any mice or rats but she loves to bring me the crazy ones that come across our yard to go to our neighbors.

Her record to date is
6 rats
3 squirrels
2 birds
And she has her eyes set on a big @$$ possum.

Dachshunds are also great mousers/ratters. I had one that was crazy for the game, once h had one trapped he would _not_ give up. I tore down and old garage with a wood floor, He smelled the rat nest as quick as I started and I had to keep pushing him out of the way to make progress. When I pulled the last board he dove right into the mess of rates and got several at the cost of a bloody nose. He did refuse an opportunity once. Garden right on the edge of a creek, out with him one day and saw a muskrat busy with breakfast in the middle of it. He did a great imitation of being unable to see anything even when I pointed it out.

Harry K

/ Trapping mice by launching them #39  
I do not like the glue traps at all.

Typically, you find an animal that has pulled some of its skin off and broken its legs trying to escape. Or attempting to gnaw a limb off. I do not like mice as much as the next person but that isn't a pest control solution, that is torture, and I think glue traps should be outlawed. The extreme suffering isn't necessary when you have things like snap traps that usually kill them instantly.

Heard some people just throw them out alive, into the bin. I mean, what the ****? That's pretty sick. It should be a quick, relatively humane kill, not hours of torture adhered to a sheet of plastic.

/ Trapping mice by launching them #40  
A air rifle does.

We have a couple big rocks about 50-60 feet from our kitchen patio door. For some reason chippies like to sun themselves on the top of the rock. I have a 22 with scope leaning next to the door and whenever I go past the door I take a peek and if I see one I slowly open the door and take a shot. I don't hit them all, but maybe 1 or 2 a day. I enjoy that, but since I started the bucket and sunflower seeds, that really thinned the herd down and I don't see many anymore.