Trapping mice by launching them

/ Trapping mice by launching them #41  
We also, had a cat for this. The cat advised us to concentrate on inside mice since the outside mice pose no threat and that mice prefer warm, cozy space. Anyway, the deal we negotiated with that cat was that he would hunt for mice 24/7 if we fed him well (he didn't like the taste of mice), let him sleep at the foot of our bed (when he wasn't hunting mice) and rub his ears (when he was on break from hunting mice). One day, he actually caught a mouse. We figured he fell asleep with his mouth open and a mouse wandered into his mouth, just as he woke up.

Ha! That's pretty funny! That sounds like our cat!

/ Trapping mice by launching them #42  
yea, that sounds very familiar with our cat also,

all except for the mouse part,
he did catch a fly once, but played with it and let it go after

/ Trapping mice by launching them #44  
yea, that sounds very familiar with our cat also,

all except for the mouse part,
he did catch a fly once, but played with it and let it go after

One of our indoor cats has a thing for stink bugs, which are next to impossible to keep out of the house. She doesn't eat them, but does tend to swat them to death. Our other indoor cat won't go near them. :confused2:

/ Trapping mice by launching them #45  
I do not like the glue traps at all.

Typically, you find an animal that has pulled some of its skin off and broken its legs trying to escape. Or attempting to gnaw a limb off. I do not like mice as much as the next person but that isn't a pest control solution, that is torture, and I think glue traps should be outlawed. The extreme suffering isn't necessary when you have things like snap traps that usually kill them instantly.

Heard some people just throw them out alive, into the bin. I mean, what the ****? That's pretty sick. It should be a quick, relatively humane kill, not hours of torture adhered to a sheet of plastic.
I've tried the glue traps too and i hate mice but....

/ Trapping mice by launching them #47  
A nice piece of Black Walnut on a spring trap is the most effective bait I have ever used.
English Walnuts may also be good, never tried them.

Mice love Black Walnuts so much that they will chew completely through the extremely hard shells just to get to the meat.
----------------
Hard to trap mice?
The old feed mill in town employs tracking powder to kill mice and rats.
The tracking powder is placed in 3 inch PVC pipes behind stacks of sacks of feed. When the rodents preen themselves they lick off the tracking powder.

---------------------------------
The coolest mouse trap.
Kinda like a potato cannon.
  • PVC pipe
  • A light beam trigger
  • An electrical solenoid controlled valve
  • A CO² Tank
Mouse enters the PVC pipe and breaks the light beam.
The CO² solenoid valve is triggered releasing a rush of CO² leaving the tank at approx 800psi.
Mouse is launched into a wall. a bucket or manure pile at high speed or launched outside into the air reaching a height of about 200 feet.

/ Trapping mice by launching them #48  
I HATE mice. They cause nothing but aggravating problems. But I also HATE glue traps. Any animal that needs to be killed deserves the quickest kill possible. I don't understand anyone who would prefer having the mouse suffer rather than set some spring traps.

/ Trapping mice by launching them #49  
My wife picked up a couple of these type of traps. Still have to dispose of the dead mouse, but baiting it is easy and arming them are the best part, really easy and on worry about the metal band popping and getting your fingers.

Mini T-Rex Mouse Snap Trap

/ Trapping mice by launching them #50  
If shooting, .22's at mice, rats and such, at close distances, use rat shot rounds. The shot won't do much more than mar wood. Will puncture an aluminum/tin can. But be wary, they sometimes only stun the bigger of these critters.

Oh, I stopped with the glue traps when the dog came in with one on his A@#. Took a while to cut it off!