Drivers Test

/ Drivers Test #1  

lutt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew
My daughter is 14,will be 15 in July. My in-laws took her to take the written part of her drivers test Tuesday,I am back out here at work after having only 3 days off,so I couldnt take her and the wife works 700 to five.Luckily my nlaws are both retired. Well anyway, I get a text from her phone,"I have passed my drivers test,Im driving Nana and Papa back.Now you know the first thing that popped in my head was the texting and driving part was like what!! She knows better than that,then double what, her Nana and Papa really should know better that that!! I was fixn to call and bam, another text that said, by the way Nana is texting this message to you. THANK GOODNESS. Now before some of you take this the wrong way, read the post carefully,she was not texting and driving, it was something that I found comical in the end. I have to teenage daughters by the way,the other is fixn to be 13, so you guys,this my just be the beginning!!! LUTT

/ Drivers Test #2  
My daughter is 14,will be 15 in July. My in-laws took her to take the written part of her drivers test Tuesday,I am back out here at work after having only 3 days off,so I couldnt take her and the wife works 700 to five.Luckily my nlaws are both retired. Well anyway, I get a text from her phone,"I have passed my drivers test,Im driving Nana and Papa back.Now you know the first thing that popped in my head was the texting and driving part was like what!! She knows better than that,then double what, her Nana and Papa really should know better that that!! I was fixn to call and bam, another text that said, by the way Nana is texting this message to you. THANK GOODNESS. Now before some of you take this the wrong way, read the post carefully,she was not texting and driving, it was something that I found comical in the end. I have to teenage daughters by the way,the other is fixn to be 13, so you guys,this my just be the beginning!!! LUTT

I am also beginning to see many cars pulling off the road to take a CP call.

Harry K

/ Drivers Test #3  
You can drive on a learners permit when you are 14 in Arkansas?

/ Drivers Test #5  
I know they can where my nephew lives in Kansas!! Was she taught how to actually drive?

/ Drivers Test #6  
Lutt, you have my sympathy. This is going to be a really stressful time. With daughters, driving and dating seems to be the things that give parents the most gray hair. . . or pull it all out.:rolleyes: There are just so many more cars and more ways to get hurt or injured due to distractions. Learning to drive these days is a huge challenge.

/ Drivers Test #7  
It will be an interesting experience. My son turned 16 this year and has been driving. It is very convenient at times but quite stressful.

By the way, we go thru Pocahontas about 5 times per year driving to Little Rock to see my inlaws.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ Drivers Test
Yes you can drive on a learners permit at 14 in Arkansas, yes, she has been learning on gravel roads and 2 lanes out in the country,she also has learned to drive our jeep wrangler with a 5 speed transmission.She has been practicing on gravel and 2 lanes for the last 3 yrs. She can also get a hardship licencse at 15 where she can drive just her and her sister to school. Thanks jinmen and MoKelly for the kind words. The boys will probly stress me out more than the driving. I know she was really excited to get that little piece of paper, kind of made me remember when I got mine. In 30 days she will take her driving part. At least she wants a truck to drive. LUTT

/ Drivers Test
It will be an interesting experience. My son turned 16 this year and has been driving. It is very convenient at times but quite stressful.

By the way, we go thru Pocahontas about 5 times per year driving to Little Rock to see my inlaws.

Good luck.

MoKelly

That is pretty cool, I work out of STL,small world it is. LUTT

/ Drivers Test #10  
Oh yes, stress and worry. We were living in Germany when our oldest learned to drive. What worried me was, in 10 minutes he could be on the autobahn driving 100+ mph and nobody would care. Heck, I would have been. Fortunately, I think there was some sort of genetic inheritance breakdown there. :laughing:

I used to work with a guy who had two daughters, you are in for it. :eek: