Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED!

/ Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED! #201  
I recomend having both systems hooked up with shut off valves, then if one goes down you can switch to the other. It seems that problems always happen on the weekend or evening, when you cant get parts.

Dave

Yep. Having back-up never hurts. When I had my well drilled to get off the community one I kept the cross-tie with a shut off on my end. Only me and 1 neighbor is on it now. 1/4 mile between us. I have never had to use "her" well again. She has hd to use mine a couple times. Each time I warn her that there is a 1/4 mile off 1" pipe full of stagnant water and to let it run awhile before using.

Harry K

/ Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED! #202  
Well guys are here this morning finishing up the connection to the house. The well guy said Saturday it could take up to 24hrs for the water to stablize but I was getting 9gpm. This morning the guy said "we had 50'". me not knowing my butt from a whole in the ground immediately felt my face go flush in panic!! The old well was 30'!!!!! Then he said No,no....... It is 50' from the top which is 290' of water!!!!! Wow talk about a heart attack! The old one was 30' from the bottom as in running out!!!!

So does this change the estimate of 9gpm on Saturday? I am going to ask them before they leave but just thought I would post here first.

Thanks all!!!! I CAN FLUSH TODAY!!!!!!!!

It shouldn't change it. the 9gm is the well recovery rate. Of course I view those gpm rates with a jaundiced eye. They are supposed to do a pump down test and measure the output when they complete the well. When they drilled mine, they said 24gpm. Problem? There was no sign at all of any run-off away from the well so they could not have done a real drawdown on it.

Harry K