Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED!

/ Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED! #1  

clovergamecock

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 4WD FEL
Here is what has been done.

1. Pump replaced with Myers 1hp on Monday.
  2. Bladder tank replaced last night. 40psi put in and holding same pressure this morning.
  3. Checked the depth of the water in the well and it was roughly 60'.
  4. Depth of pump to the bottom of the well is roughly 20'
  5. Regulator switch NOT replaced but was working last night.

Last night I had 50psi line pressure coming from well to regulator. As I mentioned above I put 40psi in the expansion tank and it shows the same amount this mornig. After my son took a shower this morning we have no water and no pressure from well to regulator. When I manually flip the switch on the reg I get spark at the connectors but still no pressure which was expected because there was 0 line pressure and someone mentioned in another thread that it needs a minimum of 10 psi in the line or the pump will not run. I did the trick of holding the switch half way and still got nothing.

So did the regulator go bad??????

Thanks
Wade

/ Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED! #2  
Have you checked the electrical feed? Did you adjust the pressure switch anywhere in this chain of events?

/ Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED!
Here is what has been done.

1. Pump replaced with Myers 1hp on Monday.
  2. Bladder tank replaced last night. 40psi put in and holding same pressure this morning.
  3. Checked the depth of the water in the well and it was roughly 60'.
  4. Depth of pump to the bottom of the well is roughly 20'
  5. Regulator switch NOT replaced but was working last night.

Last night I had 50psi line pressure coming from well to regulator. As I mentioned above I put 40psi in the expansion tank and it shows the same amount this mornig. After my son took a shower this morning we have no water and no pressure from well to regulator. When I manually flip the switch on the reg I get spark at the connectors but still no pressure which was expected because there was 0 line pressure and someone mentioned in another thread that it needs a minimum of 10 psi in the line or the pump will not run. I did the trick of holding the switch half way and still got nothing.

So did the regulator go bad??????

Thanks
Wade

/ Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED! #4  
Our well does this when the return rate (fill rate) on the well goes down. This happens most commonly when our weather has us in near drought. It always refills eventually, just not fast enough to keep up with heavy draw. You might want to check the return rate of the well.

/ Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED! #5  
Wade did you check to see if the pump is running when you close the contacts on the switch. i just wen thru problems with well. where is your guage in reference to your tank and switch.

sorry all. I was so frustrated I pasted the origional post by accident. Here is what I meant to add a few minutes ago.

I went out and shut the water off from the tank to the house and the pump kicked on immediately and shot to 50PSI. I have looked everywhere in and under the house and cannot find a leak anywhere. I do have a leak in the line to the barn that runs off of the house side line but I have the ball valve shut on that one and have verified no water in the barn.

Idea's???

/ Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED! #7  
Is there a filter that needs to be changed? When I first purchased our property I put a charcoal type filter in, this would immediately clog and kill water pressure though the well had not been used for months. I switched to the micro fiber or paper type and no problems.

Try by-passing the filter if you have that type of set up to see if that is the issue.

Last edited:
New update. I went under and changed the filter. I use the paper filter cartiges now. I also disconnected the barn at the ball valve and absolutely no water came out which is as I expected since I had the valve off. Lastly I matched the tank pressure with the line pressure coming from the well. Guage at the tank is 45psi and the psi in the tank is 45psi. Thoughts??

Also, How would I test refill rate???

/ Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED! #9  
are you saying you pre-charged the bladder tank to 45psi which is also the cutout pressure of the pump switch ???
the tank pre-charge should be a few psi lower than the cut-in pressure of the pump switch, IMO.

Pete

/ Well again! What else can it be? FRUSTRATED! #10  
What is your pump turn on pressure set at? Your tank pressure should be set lower than the turn on.