Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Toolcat 5610 F. Bobcat V417 Versahandler. TORO+Loader

Default Re: Water Well Pump Monitor???

Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post
    I hooked up a light bulb (keyless fixture) only came off one side of the switch (110V)...when the pump is running the light is on...
    If you don't have 3 insulated conductors you can still run the light with a ground line that will act as a neutral...
    Quote Originally Posted by amaxwell View Post
    I have a 120 volt clorinator on my well system that only runs when the pump does so i could just plug in a light there if needed. Could you not just run light off one leg of the 240v pump line?
    I will have to pull the cap off of the well casing and see if I can get to the pressure switch. A light out there would be hard to see but better than nothing. I would rather have it the house.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet-Yanmar ex450 -Ford 1300-Mahindra 2415

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    I will have to pull the cap off of the well casing and see if I can get to the pressure switch. A light out there would be hard to see but better than nothing. I would rather have it the house.
    My pressure switch is by my my tank in my guarage . Yours in in the well casing ???

Tractor

My original post:

I need a way to know when the 240 volt water well pump is running.

Is there some wireless device that would turn on a light in the house when the pump is drawing current? There is no well house, We were told the pressure tank is in the casing, so I don't know if I can get to the pressure switch.

The pump is on a breaker box about 50 feet from the house. The power to that box runs underground from the meter at the transformer box that is fed by an underground line from the power pole. That breaker box feeds two other buildings.

Thanks
    My pressure switch is by my my tank in my guarage . Yours in in the well casing ???
    The well was put in some time before the house was built in 2006. We bought it just over a year ago, was told the pressure tank is in the well. Should be warm enough to check it today.

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

The well was put in some time before the house was built in 2006. We bought it just over a year ago, was told the pressure tank is in the well. Should be warm enough to check it today.
    Possible "no pressure switch access" is what makes the ON signal non trivial. ... But maybe almost as good would be a pressure gauge in the house that you could monitor.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Elite Member

You really need to get out there and introduce yourself to your well system.
    ::Sent from a standard desktop keyboard::

My Photobucket

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERLK View Post
    Possible "no pressure switch access" is what makes the ON signal non trivial. ... But maybe almost as good would be a pressure gauge in the house that you could monitor.
    larry
    YEP, good idea, in fact I could use a gauge and a pressure switch wired to a light bulb. When the pressure came back up the light would go off. If the light was on longer than the normal cycle time, I would know something was wrong.

Bad part is I would have to buy a PEX crimper and fittings!

An inside pressure indicator would work to ("make sure the pump was running") it should also let you keep an eye on the cut in and cut out settings...

To go with a light...you should be able to either use a couple of mirrors or even a short mast with a amber bulb etc...

as for wireless a cheap set of walki-talkies with VOX function...should be fairly good on batteries and the inside unit clould use the AC adapter...think you can get a set of GMRS radios for a about $35.00 (5 mile line of sight distances...the VOX feature can be set for just the remote unit and the level set to only transmit when the noise from the pump/switch activates the radio...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

YEP, good idea, in fact I could use a gauge and a pressure switch wired to a light bulb. When the pressure came back up the light would go off. If the light was on longer than the normal cycle time, I would know something was wrong.

Bad part is I would have to buy a PEX crimper and fittings!
    Just an appropriate fitting probably to mate with one in an existing joint at washing machine, sink, toilet, ice maker, etc.
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    My tractor is an old M... F... and red too.

Why not just wire a 220V incandescent bulb into an exterior glass enclosed bird cage fixture on the side of your well house that can be seen from the house. Everytime the well comes on will light the bulb. The bulb wired directly to the pressure switch. Since we're talking about low wattage 40 to 60 watts which could easily be seen at a great distance.
    Retired and enjoying life with my kids and grandkids -robert
    "life is too short.. eat your cake first"
    My 1965 MF 135 Z145 Refurbish Project with Pics
    TrucksByNet.com .... .... It's about Trucks... The other TBN
    My Yamaha YFP350U Terrapro's Project The only ATV with a PTO
    About ME

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by The kid View Post
    Why not just wire a 220V incandescent bulb into an exterior glass enclosed bird cage fixture on the side of your well house that can be seen from the house. Everytime the well comes on will light the bulb. The bulb wired directly to the pressure switch. Since we're talking about low wattage 40 to 60 watts which could easily be seen at a great distance.
    No well house, pressure switch is about 3' down in the 6" casing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast