Ugly Americans - What to Do

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #101  
That said I check handicapped when ever I have time. As street supervisor I have the ability to roam the city. Today I gave out 5 handicapped tickets, 4 of the cars had *****-***** stickers! Just saying. Inconsiderate or entitled your choice.
They'll probably get the tickets thrown out anyway, any one that voted for them has already proven that they are handicapped......"JUST MY OPINION":cool2:

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #102  
The idea of a Polite Society has basically gone away. Because, there are no immediate consequences for any public action. A rude person in public can get away with telling a stranger to go F' themselves! A politician can lie, cheat and steal and get re-elected!

I also try to go to Walmart during off hours. Within reason, I will go to a specialty shop, pay more, if it avoids a crowd. I go to movies weeks after the debut and only on off hours! You couldn't make me go to a mall. I park at the end of the lot and walk. It's my Cheap Bastad gym membership. And if being tailgated, while driving 7-10 over the speed limit, I will usually pull over if some one wants around that bad.

But as Marine General Mattis said, "Be polite, courteous and professional at all times and always have a plan to kill everybody you meet. " And when confronted with violence, "I come in peace. I am armed. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you F' with me, I'll kill you all."

The important thing here is, don't let it make you change your attitude! Be kind courteous and professional...

Swayze, in Roadhouse..... "Be nice.... Be nice..... until I tell you not to be nice."

I'm too tired right now to quote that verbatim, but that is just my way of signalling agreement.

Live well, and don't let the b***ards grind you down !

Rgds, D.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #103  
A few years ago... my 87 year old neighbor asked if I would drive her in her car to the Oakland Airport... her older sister was dieing and she wanted to fly to Loma Linda CA to see her one more time.

My 87 year old neighbor uses a walker... and has a handicap mirror placard.

I pull up to the Handicap parking, help my neighbor out with her walker, make sure the sky cap has her bag and ticket... takes about 3 minutes in the drop off zone and then I get in her car and drive off.

About a month later she get a $300 citation in the mail for illegal use of Handicap Placard...

We write a letter and it does no good... I tell her I will take her to see the Judge... she says OK... in the interim, she falls and breaks her hip and moves to a rest home...

She has me get her checkbook and she writes a check from her social security money to pay the fine...

A few months later she passes from a blood clot... no children and a widow for many years...

It really gave me pause to stop and think how easily it can be for elderly or disabled to become a victim... we did nothing wrong and still had to pay the price.

The only good thing was she did get to spend a few days with her sister before she died...

Good example of "Justice" is Blind. Highlights the shortage of UNCommon Sense that we all long for.

I detest seeing anybody being jerked around, but esp. the elderly.

Rgds, D.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #104  
Although not for awhile now, I used to have a supply of self-adhesive labels in my truck to jot a note, and stick in the driver's viewing area, of a non-HP car in a reserved spot... Just scribble "Handicap space!!" and slap it on. Also used Sharpie permanent marker to do the same. I figured after cleaning the note off their windshields, they'd think twice the next time. Wife used to get irritated with me, but I felt better. Common courtesy just isn't, too often these days...
Paul

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #105  
I fell a couple years ago... fractured two vertibra, four ribs, skull and left wrist. Doc said I'm lucky to be able to walk. I'll walk across a large parking lot all day long... no handicap space needed. Just happy to be able to walk and I will gladly give up my seat on a Victory Liner bus when in the Philippines to a man/woman with a small child.

mark

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #106  
I fell a couple years ago... fractured two vertibra, four ribs, skull and left wrist. Doc said I'm lucky to be able to walk. I'll walk across a large parking lot all day long... no handicap space needed. Just happy to be able to walk and I will gladly give up my seat on a Victory Liner bus when in the Philippines to a man/woman with a small child.

mark

Glad you were able to recover... for many, an injury like yours is the beginning a spiral of decline that revolves around doctors and pain meds...

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #107  
Take a long breath my friend.I used to get pi$$ed off for the same reasons as you at a young age STOP AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH.After losing my dad and mom to death and a few very good friends I stopped being pi$$ed about little things in life and have moved on if not it will make you old and bitter.coobie

:applause::applause: I nominate you for the best post in this thread :applause: :applause:

I thank you. -robert