Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ugly Americans - What to Do

It's not just in the USA that this happens; I see it here too.

Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzington View Post
    For the past few years I have become more irritated and frustrated with the ever diminishing common lack of courtesy of Joe the Plumber. Today I needed some motor oil and Wally-World seemed the obvious choice, my mistake, what a bunch of self-absorbed, worthless human beings. Just trying to park raised my blood pressure, adults walking down the middle of the roadway oblivions or unconcerned of their actions. People blocking the aisle or shooting out in front of you with no thought of saying excuse or pardon me. I have not been to a theater in over two years due to the rudeness of cell-phone conversations and obnoxiously loud voices. Why do we allow these vermin to exist? I am sure they are still the minority but the longer decent Americans allow this type of behavior to continue I'm sure the more acceptable it will become. I believe it is well past the time we start calling these jerks out and make them consider their actions. Is it just me?
    Take a long breath my friend.I used to get pi$$ed off for the same reasons as you at a young age STOP AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH.After losing my dad and mom to death and a few very good friends I stopped being pi$$ed about little things in life and have moved on if not it will make you old and bitter.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Tractor
    kubota B2400

Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    Try finding a "Handicapped Parking Space". Most of them are occupied by people with no decals, licenses, and are perfectly healthy. Sometimes the people back into the spaces to conceal their plates. In the Food Lion shopping center here, people will park in the Handicapped spaces when they get their nails done or eat in the restaurants.

Call the police. It is a nice fine for that.

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

I follow the 90/10 rule......90% of folks are good people....10% are jerks. I try to avoid the jerks. As for walking down the middle of the lane in parking lots.....I pull up behind them and honk! Been known to say "howdy" as well.......even have a hand gesture for the hard of hearing.
    Is it just me.....or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good![

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
    I follow the 90/10 rule......90% of folks are good people....10% are jerks.
    I roughly follow the same rule, how ever I find that your numbers are backwards. 90% jerk wads and 10% decent folks.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Avoidance yes. Submission? I wouldn't consider it so. I doubt that they would last any longer in my world than I would in theirs. And if bad people start changing my attitude about others? Shame on me.
    I used to do the Hokey Pokey but I turned myself around.

Tractor
    David Brown 780 Selectomatic, L3800 Kubota, BX2200 Kubota

Somehow teachers stopped saying "Look both ways before crossing the street" to "Pedestrians always have the right of way and not just in the crosswalk". You have the RIGHT to be as stupid as you want.
    The worst case for me was the young lad who WAITED at the corner until I drove close enough and then deliberately walked out in front of my car to force me to hit the brakes. He kept his head down and turned away, I suppose to claim he didn't see me, but I saw the smirk on his face anyway. Maybe it gives them a feeling of control from our government that tries to control every aspect of our lives. I think the law's are backwards. A 4000 lb vehicle, restricted to the road, requires 100+ feet to stop, with a driver that has to watch speed, road signs ,stop signs and traffic lights should have the right of way over a pedestrian who is much more maneuverable. And finally, How anyone could go shopping in their pajamas escapes me, maybe it's a wally world thing.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L5030HSTC

as population increases, social graces go. in japan they have paid people to push you onto the train.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

...Move to a smaller community in a more rural area if possible...
    Traffic may be lighter (away from tourists areas) but in small town grocery stores folks seem to think the middle of the isles are social hour meeting venues ...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by ericb2400 View Post
    Call the police. It is a nice fine for that.
    I have talked to both ehe City and County agencies. The local drug store, Walmart Express, Post Office, Food Liod, McDonald's, the Medical offices all have spaces set aside, but the rules aren't enforced. I haver never seen a patrolman issue a warning or citation. When I asked the LEA, I was told that I would have to go to Court to see how many citations have been issued in the last five years.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast