Ugly Americans - What to Do

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #12  
For the past few years I have become more irritated and frustrated with the ever diminishing common lack of courtesy of Joe the Plumber. Today I needed some motor oil and Wally-World seemed the obvious choice, my mistake, what a bunch of self-absorbed, worthless human beings. Just trying to park raised my blood pressure, adults walking down the middle of the roadway oblivions or unconcerned of their actions. People blocking the aisle or shooting out in front of you with no thought of saying excuse or pardon me. I have not been to a theater in over two years due to the rudeness of cell-phone conversations and obnoxiously loud voices. Why do we allow these vermin to exist? I am sure they are still the minority but the longer decent Americans allow this type of behavior to continue I'm sure the more acceptable it will become. I believe it is well past the time we start calling these jerks out and make them consider their actions. Is it just me?

Take a long breath my friend.I used to get pi$$ed off for the same reasons as you at a young age STOP AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH.After losing my dad and mom to death and a few very good friends I stopped being pi$$ed about little things in life and have moved on if not it will make you old and bitter.coobie

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #13  
Try finding a "Handicapped Parking Space". Most of them are occupied by people with no decals, licenses, and are perfectly healthy. Sometimes the people back into the spaces to conceal their plates. In the Food Lion shopping center here, people will park in the Handicapped spaces when they get their nails done or eat in the restaurants.

Call the police. It is a nice fine for that.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #14  
I follow the 90/10 rule......90% of folks are good people....10% are jerks. I try to avoid the jerks. As for walking down the middle of the lane in parking lots.....I pull up behind them and honk! Been known to say "howdy" as well.......even have a hand gesture for the hard of hearing.:punch:

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #15  
I follow the 90/10 rule......90% of folks are good people....10% are jerks.

I roughly follow the same rule, how ever I find that your numbers are backwards. 90% jerk wads and 10% decent folks.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #16  
Avoidance yes. Submission? I wouldn't consider it so. I doubt that they would last any longer in my world than I would in theirs. And if bad people start changing my attitude about others? Shame on me.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #17  
Somehow teachers stopped saying "Look both ways before crossing the street" to "Pedestrians always have the right of way and not just in the crosswalk". You have the RIGHT to be as stupid as you want.
The worst case for me was the young lad who WAITED at the corner until I drove close enough and then deliberately walked out in front of my car to force me to hit the brakes. He kept his head down and turned away, I suppose to claim he didn't see me, but I saw the smirk on his face anyway. Maybe it gives them a feeling of control from our government that tries to control every aspect of our lives. I think the law's are backwards. A 4000 lb vehicle, restricted to the road, requires 100+ feet to stop, with a driver that has to watch speed, road signs ,stop signs and traffic lights should have the right of way over a pedestrian who is much more maneuverable. And finally, How anyone could go shopping in their pajamas escapes me, maybe it's a wally world thing.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #18  
as population increases, social graces go. in japan they have paid people to push you onto the train.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #19  
...Move to a smaller community in a more rural area if possible...

Traffic may be lighter (away from tourists areas) but in small town grocery stores folks seem to think the middle of the isles are social hour meeting venues ...

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #20  
Call the police. It is a nice fine for that.
I have talked to both ehe City and County agencies. The local drug store, Walmart Express, Post Office, Food Liod, McDonald's, the Medical offices all have spaces set aside, but the rules aren't enforced. I haver never seen a patrolman issue a warning or citation. When I asked the LEA, I was told that I would have to go to Court to see how many citations have been issued in the last five years.