Ugly Americans - What to Do

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #21  
I roughly follow the same rule, how ever I find that your numbers are backwards. 90% jerk wads and 10% decent folks.

That's really a shame......I would hate to live in your world......your life must be miserable. Maybe you need to find some new places to hang out???

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #22  
. And finally, How anyone could go shopping in their pajamas escapes me, maybe it's a wally world thing.[/QUOTE]

We call them Wallmartians.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #23  
. And finally, How anyone could go shopping in their pajamas escapes me, maybe it's a wally world thing.

We call them Wallmartians.[/QUOTE]

And really fat people should avoid spandex and tank tops......especially in the food dept.....:laughing:

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #24  
It's the "pc" thing! That is you can no longer "call out" bad or poor behavior because that would be making a judgment on them! Society has been falling apart and I think it is directly linked to the "politically correct" movement that has been pushed by the left for years and it started in the schools, and is now deeply embedded in society.

So you're saying 20-30 years ago if you went to a Dept. store and you didn't like the way someone was walking, standing, parking, etc. you called them out on it? Most of the rudeness and bad behavior we see today comes from poor parenting not sure what being PC has got to do with it.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #25  
That's really a shame......I would hate to live in your world......your life must be miserable. Maybe you need to find some new places to hang out???

Miserable? Nope. I just don't go anywhere. I've been known to stay on the farms and not leave for close to a week at a time.

I "hang out" with my dogs. They have better manners than most people.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #26  
Traffic may be lighter (away from tourists areas) but in small town grocery stores folks seem to think the middle of the isles are social hour meeting venues ...

And if our mailman comes to our house with a package I'd better have 15 minutes or so available to chat with him. Sociable or rude?

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #27  
Miserable? Nope. I just don't go anywhere. I've been known to stay on the farms and not leave for close to a week at a time.

I "hang out" with my dogs. They have better manners than most people.

As long as your happy....I am happy for you. Nothing wrong with hanging out with your dogs.....I do the same thing....I like my dogs more than most people....sounds like you do too!:drink:

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #28  
And if our mailman comes to our house with a package I'd better have 15 minutes or so available to chat with him. Sociable or rude?

of course not...rude is not raising a couple of fingers to any oncoming vehicle passes by...or not making eye contact and acknowledging passerby's on a sidewalk or in a smaller store...got to be social...how else can you learn what really going on the the community...?

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do
Take a long breath my friend.I used to get pi$$ed off for the same reasons as you at a young age STOP AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH.After losing my dad and mom to death and a few very good friends I stopped being pi$$ed about little things in life and have moved on if not it will make you old and bitter.coobie
Sage advice - but the core of the reason American values continue to decline, self-preservation. There is a sad irony in the fact that freedom of speech means we can whine on internet forums but are unwilling to raise our voices and stand up in a theater and tell the row behind us to either shut up or leave. To ask politely why Ms. Tuffet thinks she should block the whole isle way while talking on her cell about last night's naughty housewives episode or tell the loud mouth in the bank line no one cares about his bounced check. At what point in our short history did we become such cowards?

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #30  
.I like my dogs more than most people....sounds like you do too!:drink:

I'll drink to that! As a general rule I just do not like people, until they prove themselves. Been burnt one to many times, probably because I was too trusting. My dogs won't talk trash behind my back or tell lies.