Ugly Americans - What to Do

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #41  
"Treat the outing like going to a freak show"

Yeah, go to WalMart and play the "Boy I'm glad I'm not like them!" game. At our WalMart, you could play that game for hours on end.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #42  
While having a few cocktails at some friends home, this very subject came up. We were advised to go early to avoid the"pajama people" . Since then, we have had a much more pleasant expierence. Apparently, most of those without manners, don't have jobs either and see no need to get dressed...:rolleyes:

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #43  
Sometimes I find myself Driving under the speed limit holding others up.Then I adjust my speed. I been known to stand in the middle of the aisle in trance trying to get a panoramic view of everthing. But I move out of the way. Im sure there are other unthoughtful things I do that pisses people off. So when I have to go out and run into rude people I try to think it's just their day and not mine.

That was my thought too. Why can't you just say "excuse me" to someone who is blocking your path in the grocery store or toot your horn at someone who is spacing out walking in the parking lot? I've been guilty of these things. We probably all have. What's the big deal. They move, often appologize and we both move on. As someone else said, life is too short to be get all angry over silly stuff other people do. Also, who cares what people wear to Walmart or anywhere else?

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #44  
If get frustrated when shopping some place I change the time I go there. I have the luxury that I dont HAVE to shop at Walmart and have not been in one for almost 5 years. I still use please and thank you and I'm not afraid to say excuse me when needed.

I love going to peopleofwalmart for some chuckles every now and then.

Wedge

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #45  
I'm with wedge40 - only I haven't been in a WallyWorld in over 20 years. I remember when I was a kid, my dad used to tell me that birds of a feather flock together. Think about that the next time you find yourself at Wal Mart.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #46  
Amazon.com is good for avoiding rude people. :D

A pet peeve of mine is people using handicap spaces and either not having a sticker or not being handicapped. I saw this one day at the grocery store, were a young "lady" in a big SUV took the handicap space and then went shopping in the store. I watched her for a good 30 minutes while shopping and there was not a danged thing wrong with her. The same day I saw a much older lady who was moving very slowing with her cane hanging from the cart as she pushed the car uphill to her car. She had parked well away from the store and obviously would have qualified for a handicap parking card but she did not have one. I have seen that older lady a few times and she always parks away from the store even though it takes her a good long while to get from her car to the store.

I have seen people park in spaces that are not parking spaces to be that much closer to a store even though there were parking spaces open. These people are special because the rules do not apply to him.

At least in my town, the PD will write up parking violations. :thumbsup::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #47  
This is scary........American's spend $36,000,000 per hour of every day at Wally World. 90% of all Americans live within 15 minutes of Wally World. Wally World sells more food than any other store in the world. Wally World employs about 1.6 million people....by far the largest employer in the world. Wally World could have bailed out Wall Street. These are a few reasons I shop at our local hardware and grocery stores and avoid Wally World.:2cents:

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #48  
I usually park at the back of the lot, and walk. Will drop SWMBO at the door if requested, or if the weather is nasty. In nasty weather, will offer to pick SWMBO at the door, but she usually will walk with me on the return.

I always remember dropping by a Walmart near where my wife used to work, on a weekday afternoon. Walking from the back of the lot, I'm hearing squawking..... turns out this 350# lady is yelling at this 425# lady because she took "her" spot - middle of the lot, nowhere near the handicapped spots. There were at least 800 other spots open.

Like many on here, I'm not a "city" guy..... a lot of this thread comes down to is something I noticed a long time ago - Overcrowding Produces Deviant Behaviour in Animals - it is true throughout biology. As has been commented, most dogs behave better.

It is a significant problem in Canada too; the actions described in USA locations mirror most of our cities here.

In the interests of managing my blood pressure, I deliberately don't spend much time thinking about the decline in civility in the general population. An occasional debate like this reminds me of why I value my close friends so much.

Staying away from Walmart (except in way off-peak times), and ordering online are two approaches I use.

Yeah, some days I get twicked off watching what passes for civilization, but I try to remember to Ignore the Small Stuff....

Rgds, D.

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #49  
Try finding a "Handicapped Parking Space". Most of them are occupied by people with no decals, licenses, and are perfectly healthy. Sometimes the people back into the spaces to conceal their plates. In the Food Lion shopping center here, people will park in the Handicapped spaces when they get their nails done or eat in the restaurants.
I agree that people using handicapped spaces when they aren't handicapped is a problem. Although, if someone has a hang tag but looks "normal" dont just assume that they aren't handicapped. My mother in law has had 2 hip replacements and several vertebrae fused. It is painful to walk around much, but you wouldn't know it from looking at her.

I will confess that I have parked in a handicapped space a couple of times, but it was at church when loading and unloading equipment from my car. When I have done that, I was about the only person there and there were 5 open spots next to my car. I wouldn't park in a handicapped spot otherwise unless I had a hang tag

Aaron Z

/ Ugly Americans - What to Do #50  
I "hang out" with my dogs. They have better manners than most people.

goddogs.jpeg