Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 2032r

When I was in law enforcement, I got so tired of hearing that kind of stuff. It seemed that almost every time you went on a non emergency call, at some point during the conversation, someone, or two, or three would remind me that they had a right to do this or that, so what was the problem?[/QUOTE]

Gunny, I bet every tractor loving LEO on TBN would agree with that. Doesn't matter city, state or federal every one thinks they had a right to do what they want no matter what the out come is for any one else. The other annoyance no longer do people think of the consequences of their actions.

By the way handicap parking $119.00 I do often hand them out, **** I may need one one day LOL

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK 27 shuttle

Default Re: Ugly Americans - What to Do

I for one have to say that I see this as a bad parenting/poor manners issue. I know that if I walked into the house when I was growing up and wasn't taking off/about to take off my hat, I would have gotten an ear full or even a slap. I can see it today in many people. My BIL is the same way. hats off, yes sir, no maam, please and thank you.

I HAD friends growing up that were the very opposite and also still today meet people and get irritated. As many have said already it is just not worth the hassle or the frustration. I know that as I raise my children they will learn to be polite and have good manners and respect other people. It is just what is proper. I know that most my age(29) are in the column of jerks and not respectful humans. I, like most of you, wish that it was different.

Tractor
    ford and mahindra

Walmart: The armpit of America. I probably stop there on the way home from work maybe two or three times a week.

Tractor
    Yanmar 186d, JD 314

Stopped by the local (more than 20 miles away) Wallyworld to get the stuff for an oil change, and thought I would grab a air filter as well. Picked up the filter book, and the page for my truck had been torn out. But this vid pretty much sums up all most every one that I have been in.

walmartians song - YouTube
    Yanmar 186D 1981
    5 foot Unknown brush hog.
    5 foot HF Finish mower.
    5 foot J-Bar back blade.
    HF Quick Hitch.
    Home made land leveler.
    Countyline Middle Buster.

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MossRoad View Post
    Park out further in the lot and take a walk. Its good for you. Treat the outing like going to the freak show at the circus and just observe what you observe. Pointing out bad behavior to people these days is a good way to get badly hurt. Move to a smaller community in a more rural area if possible. I try to avoid Walmart and most other large stores, malls, shopping centers, as much as possible just because I don't like to deal with masses of people.
    X2

And to think... I had thought up a nice rant about all the stupid people in the world until I read this, so that's what I'm going with. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B2920

Quote Originally Posted by 300UGUY View Post
    Hate to you this, but when I go to wallyworld, I see the regular folks from town. Never seen anything that would qualify for the People of Wallmart website. Maybe it's a Southern or Kentucky thing.....

Btw, you guys seem crabby today, winter getting to folks?
    Nope, or at least I'm not crabby, all that does is get my blood pressure up and life is too short for that.
    I doubt that all the rude behavior and pajama wearing is strictly a southern or Kentucky thing, I've seen it in a couple of WalMarts near northern Ohio when visiting.

Since life is too short for letting things like that get under one's skin and since I'm always an early riser, I always do the majority of my WalMart shopping at 0600, the lazies are still in bed, the crazies have just gone to bed and there are more employees in the store than there are customers. Very easy to get in and get out and since most of the employees are so bored waiting for quitting time, if you need help, they all come running! They change shifts at 0700, so you need to be out before then.
    Now if we just had some hardware or tractor supply places that were open 24 hours, I'd have it made!

Tractor
    Kubota 7510 and B3200

Quote Originally Posted by treman View Post
    I for one have to say that I see this as a bad parenting/poor manners issue. I know that if I walked into the house when I was growing up and wasn't taking off/about to take off my hat, I would have gotten an ear full or even a slap. I can see it today in many people. My BIL is the same way. hats off, yes sir, no maam, please and thank you.

I HAD friends growing up that were the very opposite and also still today meet people and get irritated. As many have said already it is just not worth the hassle or the frustration. I know that as I raise my children they will learn to be polite and have good manners and respect other people. It is just what is proper. I know that most my age(29) are in the column of jerks and not respectful humans. I, like most of you, wish that it was different.
    Here is a young man that has hit the nail on the head. Some of the hippie generation of the 60's refused to make their children have respect for adults. "He doesn't have to say yes sir to you". Most refused to believe their child was capable of wrong doing - therefore they were not corrected. Any LEO can tell you stories on that. Parents sided with children in matters of discipline at school threatening to suit in many cases rather than "If you get a lick at school you get one at home too". Political correctness is tearing the moral fabric of our country to shreds. Too many "educated" folks who have never reared children are trying to tell us how to rear children. That is like taking tractor advice from a guy that owns a push mower.

And while I'm ranting - American heroes are no longer those men and women that put on a uniform to patrol our streets and take the bad guys down or run into a burning building to save a life. Our heroes are no longer the men and women of our military that go to a foreign country to fight those that want to see a world without a United States of America.

No - a tatooed thug earning $20 million a year is put up on the pedestal for young men and women to idolize. Why? Because they can catch a ball and have 12 children by 10 different women. Or maybe it is the rap artist famous for his song about killing a cop. Yes, I stepped on some toes. If I did maybe you should take a look at who you idolize. Instead of watching 12 ball games on a weekend spend time with your child(ren).

Shame on us that we pay thugs gross amounts of money while some in our armed forces have to avail themselves of food stamps.
    Caution: Some of my posts may be politically incorrect.
    Kubota B7510 & B3200

Silver Member

Stop going to Walmart!

Problem solved!

My nearest WalMart is 10 miles away. I ordered a dust buster vacuum there last night. Should be delivered this week. I met none of the people you describe while ordering this off the internet in my bedroom last night.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.

I always thought ugly Americans was a Navy term used when we would have port calls around the world. We were representing the United States of America.

mark
    red tractor
    blue tractor
    green tractor
    orange tractor
    too many impliments to list

Tractor
    Kubota L3400, Farmall H

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Nope, or at least I'm not crabby, all that does is get my blood pressure up and life is too short for that.
    I doubt that all the rude behavior and pajama wearing is strictly a southern or Kentucky thing, I've seen it in a couple of WalMarts near northern Ohio when visiting.

Since life is too short for letting things like that get under one's skin and since I'm always an early riser, I always do the majority of my WalMart shopping at 0600, the lazies are still in bed, the crazies have just gone to bed and there are more employees in the store than there are customers. Very easy to get in and get out and since most of the employees are so bored waiting for quitting time, if you need help, they all come running! They change shifts at 0700, so you need to be out before then.
    Now if we just had some hardware or tractor supply places that were open 24 hours, I'd have it made!
    You are a lot more ambitious than me. I'm retired, and getting up early enough to go to Wallmart at 6 am really isn't gonna happen. I'm still inspecting the backside of my eyelids at that hour.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast