Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 3720

Default Ugly Americans - What to Do

For the past few years I have become more irritated and frustrated with the ever diminishing common lack of courtesy of Joe the Plumber. Today I needed some motor oil and Wally-World seemed the obvious choice, my mistake, what a bunch of self-absorbed, worthless human beings. Just trying to park raised my blood pressure, adults walking down the middle of the roadway oblivions or unconcerned of their actions. People blocking the aisle or shooting out in front of you with no thought of saying excuse or pardon me. I have not been to a theater in over two years due to the rudeness of cell-phone conversations and obnoxiously loud voices. Why do we allow these vermin to exist? I am sure they are still the minority but the longer decent Americans allow this type of behavior to continue I'm sure the more acceptable it will become. I believe it is well past the time we start calling these jerks out and make them consider their actions. Is it just me?

SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23, Craftsman Mower

Default Re: Ugly Americans - What to Do

It is what it is... there are many venues I just avoid because I no longer have the patients...

Could just be I'm just getting older and remember more polite times.

Then... just when your ready to write off most of the human race... someone will truly surprise you in a good way.

There was a time when neighbors depended on neighbors just to survive... now, most don't even know their neighbors and there are a lot more not to know.

If it is any consolation... it is about the same everywhere I have traveled.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Park out further in the lot and take a walk. Its good for you. Treat the outing like going to the freak show at the circus and just observe what you observe. Pointing out bad behavior to people these days is a good way to get badly hurt. Move to a smaller community in a more rural area if possible. I try to avoid Walmart and most other large stores, malls, shopping centers, as much as possible just because I don't like to deal with masses of people. If you have to go to Walmart, go very early in the morning. It is actually quite pleasant at 6:00am, as there are very few people there. Also, make a point of saying something nice to someone in the store. Many times grumpy folks will smile and say hello back... or they'll scream "WHAT YOU LOOKING AT?!!" and beat the snot out of you. Take a chance.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

It's the "pc" thing! That is you can no longer "call out" bad or poor behavior because that would be making a judgment on them! Society has been falling apart and I think it is directly linked to the "politically correct" movement that has been pushed by the left for years and it started in the schools, and is now deeply embedded in society.
    We need more people to WORK for a living and less people to VOTE for a living!
    (proven on 11/6/12)

Tractor
    Kubota L3700SUHST

Not just you. I was particularly made aware of the lack of consideration by people while I was in Philadelphia at a Whole Foods parking lot. In the course of three days I encountered 7 instances of people getting out of their car and walking directly behind me as I was backing out of a parking spot. Not instances of a careless child, each time it was adults who stepped directly behind my car while it was moving.

I have been agog at people who walk down the middle of the roadway with no concern for the line of cars creeping along behind them. At first I thought it was only my wife who persisted in doing this, but I have observed many, many others in the last few years acting this way. The people blocking aisles in the stores while they talk to each other or browse the shelves when they could move a few inches and let people pass by have been a staple of grocery stores for years.

I have not had much trouble to cell phone users, other than the ones that talk while they drive 30mph down the expressway.

This is not an "Ugly American" experience, however. I have seem more of this behavior by foreign visitors in my area than by locals. Mostly hispanics, but asian and europeans act this way as well.
    Kubota L3700SUHST, AG-Meier Mohawk 5' Rotary Cutter, Armstrong AG 5' Boxblade, Armstrong AG 5' Landscape Rake
    Scotts 50560x8 50" Riding Mower

Tractor
    2000 Power Trac 422

Say something nice to the person and leave good vibes behind. People have tough things going on in their lives and don't always behave in the best way. A pleasant comment can help. It will make you feel better too. So you can take good vibes with you.
    Bob Rip
    Tell me and I will hear.
    Show me and I will see.
    Let me do and I will learn.
    Let me fail and I will understand.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Not all are ugly. In the big cities like where I work-ugly yes. But in the small towns like where I live the politeness and courtesy is still very much there.
    ........Shoot this thang! Have mercy this thang is killin' me. Just shoot up here amongst us. One of us has got to have some relief..............
    jerry clowers-a coon huntin story.

Tractor
    JD 3720

Isn't avoidance, submission? As population increases where are we going to run? Good people in this country no doubt, it is the others I am less tolerant with.

Race or origin not a factor, all were the same color, low-life’s.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

In my case I will have to admit that it is avoidance. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    ........Shoot this thang! Have mercy this thang is killin' me. Just shoot up here amongst us. One of us has got to have some relief..............
    jerry clowers-a coon huntin story.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Try finding a "Handicapped Parking Space". Most of them are occupied by people with no decals, licenses, and are perfectly healthy. Sometimes the people back into the spaces to conceal their plates. In the Food Lion shopping center here, people will park in the Handicapped spaces when they get their nails done or eat in the restaurants.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast