Ice storm/winter weather prep.

/ Ice storm/winter weather prep. #11  
We have a lot of snow, and ice up here in New Hampshire. Before any storm we make sure that we have plenty of fuel for the generator, around 20 gallons of gas, because with an ice storm like they are predicting, power outages may be a major issue if you have above ground power lines in your area. We lost power for close to 14 days a few years ago from an ice storm. You should also make sure that you have bottles of water in your freezer, so it will help maintain the freezing temperature if you loose power, and the ice can be de-thawed to drink. We keep extra water on hand to flush the toilets, however we also live on a well. I also make sure that I have extra 20lb, and 5lb propane tanks on hand for my grill, and my camp stove so we can cook. Other than that, refill your prescriptions if you need them, and make sure you have enough food on hand that you can easily cook without power. I hope that the storm is not as bad for you as they are predicting..

/ Ice storm/winter weather prep. #12  
To me you have interesting job. I was in the navy and work 30+ years in the marine business, boats were and are in my blood. We well have to chat again. Lee

/ Ice storm/winter weather prep.
We have a lot of snow, and ice up here in New Hampshire. Before any storm we make sure that we have plenty of fuel for the generator, around 20 gallons of gas, because with an ice storm like they are predicting, power outages may be a major issue if you have above ground power lines in your area. We lost power for close to 14 days a few years ago from an ice storm. You should also make sure that you have bottles of water in your freezer, so it will help maintain the freezing temperature if you loose power, and the ice can be de-thawed to drink. We keep extra water on hand to flush the toilets, however we also live on a well. I also make sure that I have extra 20lb, and 5lb propane tanks on hand for my grill, and my camp stove so we can cook. Other than that, refill your prescriptions if you need them, and make sure you have enough food on hand that you can easily cook without power. I hope that the storm is not as bad for you as they are predicting..

Thanks Mitch, keep them coming guys. Also, I forgot to add chainsaw oil/bar oil. When we have a storm coming, they usaully sell the stuff out. I always keep extra on hand. LUTT

/ Ice storm/winter weather prep.
To me you have interesting job. I was in the navy and work 30+ years in the marine business, boats were and are in my blood. We well have to chat again. Lee

Yes sir, we will. I hope the storm dont get as bad as they say also. LUTT