Restoration project

/ Restoration project #1  

cropdusting

Silver Member
It has been a while since I have been in here, but I thought I would post this here because I know there are a few "tractorbynet'ers" that would probably enjoy this project I have been working on. It is a restoration project I am working on. Each video will be uploaded weekly showing the entire process from digging the project out of a barn to the finished product. I am calling the project "Barn Fresh" and I am sure most people here are familiar with that term. Here is the website where all the videos will be located. Barn Fresh restoration - Motorcycle How to and Repair Check back often for the next video and more pictures "behind the scenes" info. Enjoy!

And here is the page for the first video.

Barn Fresh Episode 1 - Motorcycle How to and Repair

0929121216_zpse9be3d10.jpg

Last edited:
   / Restoration project #2  
You should have taken the two-stroke tripples, too! :thumbsup:

/ Restoration project
I will get to the triples in time. Keep watching Episode 2 will be up in the next few days and every episode will be uploaded weekly. I already restored one of the triples many years ago. Here is an old pic from when I was in high school.

Scan0025.jpg

/ Restoration project #4  
Very nice. My fist experience with a 500 triple was a friend of mine's back in the lat 70s. Man, that thing flew (in a straight line only). It sold me on two-stroke street bikes. I ended up with a Yamaha RD400. Screaming little bike.

Looking forward to your projects. Thanks for the documentation. :thumbsup:

/ Restoration project
Just an FYI each video will upload weekly. And I have two 500 triples, this project is of a an F5 Big Horn.

/ Restoration project #7  
Interesting project. First 4 motor cycles were Kawasakis. G5(?) 100cc '75 175 '71 H1, and '80 1000 shaft. H1 was the most abused, had carb issues, homemade points system that wouldn't hold settings. Took a while to sort that one out.

/ Restoration project
I have several other bikes including a '69, '74 H1 a coulpe of S1's and S2' (250 and 350 triples) a '71 F7 (first year), '68 A7SS Avenger, and many more.