Am I Crazy ! Or is the world going to **** in a awful big hurry !

/ Am I Crazy ! Or is the world going to **** in a awful big hurry ! #71  
There are certain websites that like to convince you that the world is going to **** in a handbasket. Drudge comes to mind. Yes, I read it but am always amused at the obvious attempts to delude us into thinking that everything is out of control.

/ Am I Crazy ! Or is the world going to **** in a awful big hurry ! #72  
And with every generation (mostly because of lame parents...IMO) WE lose "something"

History is always significant...views have not transgressed...(well enough anyway...IMO)

on a side note...compare the detail and craftsmanship between (stone projectile points for example)...points that are thousands of years old are made with much finer detail and precision than those that were made 200-300 years ago, many are crude in comparison...like the old saying goes..."use it or lose it" and it holds true today with everything...

Well we are losing racism for the most part too. Women can vote and black people can use the same facilities as the rest of us. Not all change is bad.

/ Am I Crazy ! Or is the world going to **** in a awful big hurry ! #73  
Seems one could make an argument that all old people do is get in the way, b itch and complain, and suck up resources that could otherwise be concentrated on the movers, shakers, builders and providers of tomorrow. I say, Down with FOP's. :thumbsup:

Adapt, grow, teach, learn or get out of the way.;).

/ Am I Crazy ! Or is the world going to **** in a awful big hurry ! #75  
Fraternal Order of Police. This has turned into a cop bashing thread.
Stands for Fat Old People in this thread. In tractor threads it stands for falling object protection. I think its pretty clever. So it's now FOP vs SLYP or stupid lazy young people. :laughing:

/ Am I Crazy ! Or is the world going to **** in a awful big hurry ! #76  
2 Lane, I had to look that one up. Never heard that word before and thought I should share the definition.

I knew what it meant, just had never, ever heard it used by a guy. :)

/ Am I Crazy ! Or is the world going to **** in a awful big hurry ! #77  
Stands for Fat Old People in this thread. In tractor threads it stands for falling object protection. I think its pretty clever. So it's now FOP vs SLYP or stupid lazy young people. :laughing:

I am JUST TOO impressed that you made that connection. God bless you sir. BTW,, yall know I was not serious right? I am caring for my aged parents, and what ever else one may call it, I see no burdens. I owe all that I am to FOP's it seems. Was just trying to show how silly it is to paint wide brush strokes. Life is never as simple as that. Never.

/ Am I Crazy ! Or is the world going to **** in a awful big hurry ! #78  
My take on this is that people haven't really changed. I'm 58, and there were lazy workers back when I started. I worked in a bunch of shops, union, non union. No matter where I worked, the majority of work was performed by a minority of workers. The biggest problem with young folks that I see is that there are very few decent career paths left. You see very few apprenticeships and training programs. Lots of dead end, low wage jobs. If you don't have a college degree, you can't get even a clerical job. Look at law enforcement - used to be a job for guys with a HS diploma. Now you need a 4 year degree even to be considered. And the competition is incredible. We had a rumor of hiring where I worked once, and it wasn't true. Still several thousand folks showed up, the police eventually had to be called to clear the street.

/ Am I Crazy ! Or is the world going to **** in a awful big hurry ! #79  
I was talking to the HR Director of a very large company the other day and a subject somewhat on this line came up during our lunch. I made a comment about all the unemployed and underemployed people in our area. He said that he wasn't going to get in a discussion about how some unemployed didn't want to work because they could negatively affect their government assistance, but he did say that one of the biggest reasons there were so many unemployed younger people was that they couldn't pass a drug test. When I asked how pervasive that problem was, he told me that his company and two other large companies in the area had recently started requiring the temp agencies to drug test all the people they sent to them and immediately started running short on temporary workers. Then several of the temps that passed the test and were sent to them were a little shady on their legal work status, which made the problem even worse.
When I was still in the service, it seemed that we always had about a 10-17% failure rate on drug tests, not it appears that it's much worse.

/ Am I Crazy ! Or is the world going to **** in a awful big hurry ! #80  
I knew what it meant, just had never, ever heard it used by a guy. :)

:laughing: :laughing: To quote the inimitable Jimmy Durante, "I got a million of 'em".