Tactical Shotgun recommendations

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #31  
I've got an Ithaca police model 12 ga. pump shotgun...It is the only pump shot gun you can rack a shell in and fire, hold the trigger down as you continue to wrack 4 more shells in one after the other is is as close to full auto as you can get...pretty neat the way it works....

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #32  
I've got an Ithaca police model 12 ga. pump shotgun...It is the only pump shot gun you can rack a shell in and fire, hold the trigger down as you continue to wrack 4 more shells in one after the other is is as close to full auto as you can get...pretty neat the way it works....

1897 Winchester can too! Hold the trigger down and as soon as the breech closes blam!!

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #33  
+1 for the 870. I can fire and ratchet it with one arm too.

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #34  
1897 Winchester can too! Hold the trigger down and as soon as the breech closes blam!!

Ole Pike, Dutch and the Gorch brothers.. oh my my. what a "wild bunch"

yep no disconnector on an old '97 . Pretty cool shotgun for the times.. still is really.:thumbsup:

James K0UA

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #35  
Ole Pike, Dutch and the Gorch brothers.. oh my my. what a "wild bunch"

yep no disconnector on an old '97 . Pretty cool shotgun for the times.. still is really.:thumbsup:

James K0UA

Between The Wild Bunch and The Professionals I have a hard time choosing which is my favorite, so I say both.

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #36  
A model 12 winchester also will close and fire wint the trigger held down . But they are expensive collector items around here .

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #37  
As I stated earlier I bought a Mossberg Maverick 88 for home defense use. It has the 18 1/2" barrel. I have the gun in the bedroom standing in a corner behind the bedroom door. The way the room is arranged it is practically invisible. The gun is stored unloaded with the safety off. There is a hard plastic Sidesaddle shell carrier mounted on the left side of the reciever with six low recoil 00 buckshot shells. On the stock there is a fabric shell holder with five #4 shotshells. The idea is that the gun can be picked up and loaded quickly by somebody that knows what to do but a kid, such as my soon to be four year old granddaughter, can't push the shells into the magazine and if they could they would not be able to hold the slide release button and rack one into the chamber. I heard a story about a guy nearly shooting his son by accident when the college age kid snuck in one night after a party rather than drive twenty miles back to his dorm room. Got to thinking about that and mounted a flashlight on the barrel that has a remote switch next to the trigger guard.

I am by no means an expert on weapons of any kind but I put a lot of thought into what I would buy, how to store it, ammunition, and accessories. You don't need the light or shell carriers. They don't make the weapon deadlier, they do serve a purpose for what I am using the weapon for. I can be out of bed and loaded in less than thirty seconds. I can turn the light on and see who is there with the loaded gun pointed at them. And if I, heaven forbid, have to pull the trigger the shot will strike where the light is shining.

RSKY

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #38  
A model 12 winchester also will close and fire wint the trigger held down . But they are expensive collector items around here .

My father has one in perfect condition with two barrels. Great gun!

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations
Terrific information folks. At least around here it's pretty difficult to find anything in the shops right now. I found and am on a waiting list for a Mossberg 500 combo with a 18 inch and a 26 inch barrel. I really like the idea of the safety on the top of the receiver. I think I made a good choice considering they are reliable and it will sit in a corner for the most part.

Last edited:
   / Tactical Shotgun recommendations #40  
Glad we could help out. I think you'll like it