The "Perfect" Burger

/ The "Perfect" Burger
On MY thread, everything's allowed. Murph can even chime in. :D

/ The "Perfect" Burger #122  
Pie sounds good I made a heck of a good peach pie,, when peaches are in season,, I like the texas peaches ones that grow down the road in bonny,, they will let you pick your own,, Hot peach pie with bluebell ice cream,, Mesquite smoked burger with season fries,,, cold glass of ice tea.. what's for supper?:dance1: Lou

/ The "Perfect" Burger #123  
So try a fried pie....now you have something...make your crust like any pie crust...then the easy way is buy some pie filling in the can at the store...peach, apple , blueberry...then cut the crust into small circles...fill half the circle with pie filling of your choice, fold crust over and seal with a fork..then drop these into a skillet of oil or a deep fryer at about 325 until browned ...then drain on paper towels ..eat warm with ice cream or cool and eat as hand pies...If you don't want to make crust from scratch pick up a package of puff pastry from the store and use several sheets of that on each pie since it is thin or you can buy pre-made pie dough...enjoy....Not a burger but ...eat it after :licking:

/ The "Perfect" Burger #125  
My mother uses to make a fried pie.. She used a lot of cinnamon, sugar and butter in her dough, rolled them over and seal them with a fork also,, she liked a cinnamon apple filling.. its been years since I have had a fried pie.. I think I will make some this week end with some beef burger of courses.. Thanks Bob for reminding me.. Lou

/ The "Perfect" Burger #126  
I have 2 dozen Key limes waiting for me to "put 'em in a pie"! I'm about to oblige.

/ The "Perfect" Burger #127  
Don't know if this has been said. 2 parts ground beef(preferably 90/10) and 1 part sausage. Mix together with french fried onions and a small amount of bread crumbs. Season to taste and grill. Even better with provolone cheese melted over top just before taking off the grill. OK now I'm hunger!!!!!!!

/ The "Perfect" Burger
You just spoiled the thread nwltruck. :laughing: For some reason, I've never added sausage to burgers, not sure why, it sounds good, and I do it all the time for spagh./lasagna sauce...doh!

/ The "Perfect" Burger #129  
My mother also used to make fried pies. It's been many years since I tried, and I did not have very good luck. They wanted to fall apart. But the best fried pies I've ever found are the Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies. A couple of years ago, I was telling a cousin about these great fried pies, and he asked, "Don't you know that (another cousin of ours) manages that place as well as the RV park and cabins next to it?":laughing: So the next time I was up there, I found him and visited awhile.:laughing: