The "Perfect" Burger

/ The "Perfect" Burger #1  

J F

Elite Member
Tractor
ShovelandBarrow
I'm looking for stuff on a gas grill for myself, but any cooking method is welcome. :thumbsup:

I'm getting ready to break in a new gas grill (a baby Weber) either tonight or tomorrow, and figured I'd ask and see what you guy/gals do. Gracias.

/ The "Perfect" Burger #2  
Heat grill as hot as it will get. Get a clean brush from the grocery store and paint the inside with olive oil and close grill and let the olive oil burn onto inside of grill. You may need to clean tip of temp gauge but that should do it forever. Inside should look black when you are done.

HS

/ The "Perfect" Burger
Sounds like what I was contemplating Scott. :laughing: How 'bout the cow carcass?

/ The "Perfect" Burger
I should probably explain...I've bought 3, maybe 4 gas grills prior to this, in the last 12 years or so. Not sure why I went cheap ($250-350 over the years)...but I did. Now I have a $450 "mini" gas grill. :laughing:

Hopefully it lasts quite a bit longer than the others. I've been unable to grill for 3-4 months, so I feel like I'm gettin' my man card back (except for the grill size). Yaaay!!

/ The "Perfect" Burger #5  
Forget the grill. A hot cast iron pot will do the job.

mark

/ The "Perfect" Burger
Well hellll, that helped. :laughing:

/ The "Perfect" Burger #7  
Nothing better than burning some beef in the evening with a cold beer in your hand, my favorite time of the day.

HS

/ The "Perfect" Burger
:drink: I agree. A nice pipe ain't bad either (even if you're a Democrat :D).
pipehat_zpsf757be8b.gif

/ The "Perfect" Burger #9  
if you don't have one...do yourself a favor and get a rotisserie attachment for the grill...nothing better for the best "roast beasts" ...

I do miss the gravy (no catch pan) but I like my roasts crispy on the outside and rare inside...

/ The "Perfect" Burger
:laughing: I will show smbo your post, Pine, as I got the rotisserie before the new grill arrived. :laughing:

She thought it might be an $80 waste...ha! women.

(she also let me get some good meat at the butcher's shop tomorrow...lol)