Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #21  
You don't even need to get fancy.
5 gal pail against the wall, popcorn and or peanut butter bottom of pail and I assure you the critters will climb the wall and jump in to the bait.
However no mice can jump high enough to hop out of the pail so you will be greeted by sounds of jumping mice when you walk in.
Just adding 3" of water and you will have a collection of drowned mice. (smear the PB on the bucket sides down low)

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #22  
When the bad times come, looks like you have an unlimited source of protein. Count your blessings!!

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #24  
Go to the shelter or local Walmart. Get yourself a male and female cat. Nest them in the barn. They make more cats. Cats and Mice... Cat always win. Problem solved, but you have alot of cats though..:thumbsup:

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #25  
Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

You can't get more than 100%.

:)

Bruce

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #26  
try a 5 gal bucket with about 2 inches of water in the bottom. Smear some peanut butter about 3" down on the bucket wall. Place a yard stick, if anyone knows what that is! going up to the rim of the bucket. You catch 10-20 at a time. It helps to "scent" the yard stick just a tiny bit to get them up the ramp. Not gobs, just a tad on a paper towel smeared along the yard stick.

I got a bit crazy years back and rigged up a more elaborate version of the bucket trap. I had a door bell solenoid with a needle glued to it. I drilled a hole in the bucket wall where ramp come in to play. Once they stepped through the hole there was a short pathway. Some thin beer can contacts energized the the door bell and the needle poked them into the bucket. Loads of fun and buckets of mice.

I now live in a poured concrete home and can't even find a bug, all tight now. And no, I do not use or employ cats. I'd rather have mice.....My Jack Russel terrier does just fine killing anything moving or breathing.

Patrick T

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #28  
   / Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #29  
Go to the shelter or local Walmart. Get yourself a male and female cat. Nest them in the barn. They make more cats. Cats and Mice... Cat always win. Problem solved, but you have alot of cats though..:thumbsup:

Love the 'They make more cats' comment....PRICELESS!!!:laughing:

I think he could solve the excess cat problem pretty easily if there's a nearby chinese food establishment...:D

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?
I'm the OP and decided to go with Soundguy and the cats solution. Wife has been reluctant to have them in the past because the dogs try to kill them but I'm going to just show up with a kitten and see what happens. Hey...."look what followed me home".