Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 111
  1. #31
    Epic Contributor MossRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    23,465
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana (near)
    Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

    Default Re: Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

    If you raise a kitten with a puppy its pretty easy to train the cat to act like a dog and they'll be best buds for life. We did that once. Cat walked on a leash and begged from the table.
    MossRoad

    Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!


  2. #32
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,316
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

    Quote Originally Posted by MossRoad View Post
    If you raise a kitten with a puppy its pretty easy to train the cat to act like a dog and they'll be best buds for life. We did that once. Cat walked on a leash and begged from the table.
    you are 100% correct.

    We have a male papillion dog that has a very loving and nurturing nature.

    about 3ys back we took in 3 kittens.. eyes weren't open.. abandoned in a basket at a voulenteer fire dept near the school my wife works at. apparrently left on a weekedn when the station was unstaffed. there were 5.. 2 died .. the other 3 were starved and small.. someone brought them to the school on the following monday.. my wife calle dme.. I went down.. took some KMR ( we are suckers and rehab all kinds of critters.. we have found that most baby furry things can be kept alive on KMR kitten replacement milk. .. it has a long shelf life so we always keep a few cans / boxes ).. anyway.. took em home. they required feedings quite often my wife and my work schedule let one of us be near them around every 4 hours.. so feeding was no issue. we put them in a laundry basket with a blanket and a small low watt electric blanket. got home the very first day and the dog was in there with them grooming them.

    the dog raised them... was the darndest thing. he would tote them around. nudge them.. everything but raise them.

    we have some other full grown rescue cats... they were no problem with the kittens with the dog around.

    and yes. those cats ACT like that dog... weird huh!

    later on, we came home one day and the ferrets were out of their cage. wife must not have latched the door when feeding in t he am. house full of cats and 2 things that look like squirrels running around. when i got home I immediatly say the cage door open and figured i'd find some har int he litter box. nope.. dog and the ferrets up onthe couch.

    one more.

    we raise parrots of various types.

    the cockatoo let himself out one day.. when i got home.. found him in the corner.. with the dog....

  3. #33
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,184
    Location
    Lee, IL
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

    Default Re: Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    you are 100% correct.

    We have a male papillion dog that has a very loving and nurturing nature.

    about 3ys back we took in 3 kittens.. eyes weren't open.. abandoned in a basket at a voulenteer fire dept near the school my wife works at. apparrently left on a weekedn when the station was unstaffed. there were 5.. 2 died .. the other 3 were starved and small.. someone brought them to the school on the following monday.. my wife calle dme.. I went down.. took some KMR ( we are suckers and rehab all kinds of critters.. we have found that most baby furry things can be kept alive on KMR kitten replacement milk. .. it has a long shelf life so we always keep a few cans / boxes ).. anyway.. took em home. they required feedings quite often my wife and my work schedule let one of us be near them around every 4 hours.. so feeding was no issue. we put them in a laundry basket with a blanket and a small low watt electric blanket. got home the very first day and the dog was in there with them grooming them.

    the dog raised them... was the darndest thing. he would tote them around. nudge them.. everything but raise them.

    we have some other full grown rescue cats... they were no problem with the kittens with the dog around.

    and yes. those cats ACT like that dog... weird huh!

    later on, we came home one day and the ferrets were out of their cage. wife must not have latched the door when feeding in t he am. house full of cats and 2 things that look like squirrels running around. when i got home I immediatly say the cage door open and figured i'd find some har int he litter box. nope.. dog and the ferrets up onthe couch.

    one more.

    we raise parrots of various types.

    the cockatoo let himself out one day.. when i got home.. found him in the corner.. with the dog....
    we had to nurse some kittens from that stage once, the worst part was having to make them poo!

  4. #34
    Epic Contributor MossRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    23,465
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana (near)
    Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

    Default Re: Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    you are 100% correct.

    We have a male papillion dog that has a very loving and nurturing nature.

    about 3ys back we took in 3 kittens.. eyes weren't open.. abandoned in a basket at a voulenteer fire dept near the school my wife works at. apparrently left on a weekedn when the station was unstaffed. there were 5.. 2 died .. the other 3 were starved and small.. someone brought them to the school on the following monday.. my wife calle dme.. I went down.. took some KMR ( we are suckers and rehab all kinds of critters.. we have found that most baby furry things can be kept alive on KMR kitten replacement milk. .. it has a long shelf life so we always keep a few cans / boxes ).. anyway.. took em home. they required feedings quite often my wife and my work schedule let one of us be near them around every 4 hours.. so feeding was no issue. we put them in a laundry basket with a blanket and a small low watt electric blanket. got home the very first day and the dog was in there with them grooming them.

    the dog raised them... was the darndest thing. he would tote them around. nudge them.. everything but raise them.

    we have some other full grown rescue cats... they were no problem with the kittens with the dog around.

    and yes. those cats ACT like that dog... weird huh!

    later on, we came home one day and the ferrets were out of their cage. wife must not have latched the door when feeding in t he am. house full of cats and 2 things that look like squirrels running around. when i got home I immediatly say the cage door open and figured i'd find some har int he litter box. nope.. dog and the ferrets up onthe couch.

    one more.

    we raise parrots of various types.

    the cockatoo let himself out one day.. when i got home.. found him in the corner.. with the dog....
    Who's a good doogie?

    Sounds like a great pooch!
    MossRoad

    Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!


  5. #35
    Super Star Member dave1949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,208
    Location
    Industry, Maine
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40

    Default Re: Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

    I think I have read that mice will cannibalize their young when food is scarce. What you obviously have going on is, unsuspecting, naive mice from outside the garage are being enticed in to breed sacrificial food.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

  6. #36
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    157
    Tractor
    Kubota M5700, BX2350

    Default Re: Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

    Quote Originally Posted by xring100 View Post
    Similar to the pop can method forgot to mention the pb. I cant use water because it freezes and never had any problems with the rv antifreeze stinking even durring the Sumner and i dont routinely empty the traps
    I believe dogs will drink antifreeze, and it can easily be fatal. Just another aspect to consider.

  7. #37
    Super Star Member k0ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,258
    Location
    Branson, Mo.
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

    Default Re: Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

    Quote Originally Posted by drssg View Post
    I believe dogs will drink antifreeze, and it can easily be fatal. Just another aspect to consider.
    The RV antifreeze is not toxic like Ethylene Glycol is.
    James KUA

    Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN


  8. #38
    Veteran Member xring100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,027
    Location
    Livingston County, Michigan
    Tractor
    Kubota M8540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post

    The RV antifreeze is not toxic like Ethylene Glycol is.
    Thanks

    Dave

  9. #39
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,316
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikehaugen View Post
    we had to nurse some kittens from that stage once, the worst part was having to make them poo!
    yep.. that's what a disposable wet tissue was for. kinda like moms tounge I guess?

  10. #40
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,316
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

    Quote Originally Posted by MossRoad View Post
    Who's a good doogie?

    Sounds like a great pooch!
    still is!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. finish mower model number and serial number
    By ewcjrc in forum Attachments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 03:40 AM
  2. It's a trap I tell you...
    By MrWhippy in forum Attachments
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 02:30 AM
  3. It's a trap!!!
    By GlueGuy in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2001, 11:25 AM
  4. It's a trap
    By Mike_Dumond in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2001, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.