Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #31  
If you raise a kitten with a puppy its pretty easy to train the cat to act like a dog and they'll be best buds for life. We did that once. Cat walked on a leash and begged from the table.

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #32  
If you raise a kitten with a puppy its pretty easy to train the cat to act like a dog and they'll be best buds for life. We did that once. Cat walked on a leash and begged from the table.

you are 100% correct.

We have a male papillion dog that has a very loving and nurturing nature.

about 3ys back we took in 3 kittens.. eyes weren't open.. abandoned in a basket at a voulenteer fire dept near the school my wife works at. apparrently left on a weekedn when the station was unstaffed. there were 5.. 2 died .. the other 3 were starved and small.. someone brought them to the school on the following monday.. my wife calle dme.. I went down.. took some KMR ( we are suckers and rehab all kinds of critters.. we have found that most baby furry things can be kept alive on KMR kitten replacement milk. .. it has a long shelf life so we always keep a few cans / boxes ).. anyway.. took em home. they required feedings quite often my wife and my work schedule let one of us be near them around every 4 hours.. so feeding was no issue. we put them in a laundry basket with a blanket and a small low watt electric blanket. got home the very first day and the dog was in there with them grooming them.

the dog raised them... was the darndest thing. he would tote them around. nudge them.. everything but raise them.

we have some other full grown rescue cats... they were no problem with the kittens with the dog around.

and yes. those cats ACT like that dog... weird huh!

later on, we came home one day and the ferrets were out of their cage. wife must not have latched the door when feeding in t he am. house full of cats and 2 things that look like squirrels running around. when i got home I immediatly say the cage door open and figured i'd find some har int he litter box. nope.. dog and the ferrets up onthe couch.

one more.

we raise parrots of various types.

the cockatoo let himself out one day.. when i got home.. found him in the corner.. with the dog.... :)

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #33  
you are 100% correct.

about 3ys back we took in 3 kittens.. eyes weren't open.. abandoned in a basket at a voulenteer fire dept near the school my wife works at. apparrently left on a weekedn when the station was unstaffed. there were 5.. 2 died .. the other 3 were starved and small.. someone brought them to the school on the following monday.. my wife calle dme.. I went down.. took some KMR ( we are suckers and rehab all kinds of critters.. we have found that most baby furry things can be kept alive on KMR kitten replacement milk. .. it has a long shelf life so we always keep a few cans / boxes ).. anyway.. took em home. they required feedings quite often my wife and my work schedule let one of us be near them around every 4 hours.. so feeding was no issue. we put them in a laundry basket with a blanket and a small low watt electric blanket. got home the very first day and the dog was in there with them grooming them.

the dog raised them... was the darndest thing. he would tote them around. nudge them.. everything but raise them.

we have some other full grown rescue cats... they were no problem with the kittens with the dog around.

later on, we came home one day and the ferrets were out of their cage. wife must not have latched the door when feeding in t he am. house full of cats and 2 things that look like squirrels running around. when i got home I immediatly say the cage door open and figured i'd find some har int he litter box. nope.. dog and the ferrets up onthe couch.

one more.

the cockatoo let himself out one day.. when i got home.. found him in the corner.. with the dog.... :)

we had to nurse some kittens from that stage once, the worst part was having to make them poo!

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #34  
you are 100% correct.

one more.

Who's a good doogie?

Sounds like a great pooch! :thumbsup:

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #35  
I think I have read that mice will cannibalize their young when food is scarce. What you obviously have going on is, unsuspecting, naive mice from outside the garage are being enticed in to breed sacrificial food.

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #36  
Similar to the pop can method forgot to mention the pb. I cant use water because it freezes and never had any problems with the rv antifreeze stinking even durring the Sumner and i dont routinely empty the traps
I believe dogs will drink antifreeze, and it can easily be fatal. Just another aspect to consider.

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #37  
I believe dogs will drink antifreeze, and it can easily be fatal. Just another aspect to consider.

The RV antifreeze is not toxic like Ethylene Glycol is.

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #39  
we had to nurse some kittens from that stage once, the worst part was having to make them poo!

yep.. that's what a disposable wet tissue was for. kinda like moms tounge I guess? :)

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #40