Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?
did it say to not swallow 'any'

or to not swallow any mor e than is used during brushing ( pea sized amount is usually specified ).

I bet the warning is due to the hydrated silica gell.. not the PG :)

It said "do not swallow" and "keep away from children" and I thought that was a pretty dumb warning. It is toothpaste, after all and it is natural to ingest some. It can't be that harmful if it's in toothpaste. Anyway, I'm not doing the bucket and anti-freeze thing.
I'm not following the anti-freeze talk here cause it hurts my head but I do agree with your take on things, Soundguy.

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #62  
is it a toothpaste that might be specifically for adults. ( whitening? stain removal.. etc.. )

I can see those not being meant for kids..e tc.

Many tubes also say to supervise children untill they develop safe brushing habits.

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #63  
If you can stand them go catch two or three black rat snakes...I used to catch them when I lived in Ohio...there are several local "herp" clubs in Ohio that would probably help you obtain a few..two or three of them ( rat snakes )
will WIPE OUT the majority of the problem...they are better than cats at eradicating mice/rats !

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #64  
If you can stand them go catch two or three black rat snakes...I used to catch them when I lived in Ohio...there are several local "herp" clubs in Ohio that would probably help you obtain a few..two or three of them ( rat snakes )
will WIPE OUT the majority of the problem...they are better than cats at eradicating mice/rats !

That's a good idea. SixDogs may have these also: Fox snake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I used to find shed skins of these guys in a mice-infested shed. I could tell they were being well-fed by the growth in the skins from one shed to the the next. I was about 20 miles south of Lake Erie near Fremont at the time.

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #65  
Cats are good but if there's that many mice I wouldn't feed the cat unless they start getting skinny, make them work for there food, they'll get lazy if you feed them.

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn?
is it a toothpaste that might be specifically for adults. ( whitening? stain removal.. etc.. )

I can see those not being meant for kids..e tc.

Many tubes also say to supervise children untill they develop safe brushing habits.

No, I'm nearly certain it was a major brand (iI decided not to name) and it was about two or three years ago. I remember distinctly reading it.. We have since switched to a different brand. The current warning I just got off my tube of that different major brand ( I also decided not to name) is "If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control center right away."

I dunno, it's just normal, big box store major brand toothpaste...

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #67  
No, I'm nearly certain it was a major brand (iI decided not to name) and it was about two or three years ago. I remember distinctly reading it.. We have since switched to a different brand. The current warning I just got off my tube of that different major brand ( I also decided not to name) is "If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control center right away."

I dunno, it's just normal, big box store major brand toothpaste...

Its the fluoride that's toxic the FDA requires the warning label on tooth paste with flouride.

"While fatalities from fluoride ingestion are rare (the last reported death occurred in 2002), bouts of acute fluoride poisoning are not. Acute fluoride poisoning, which occurs at doses as low as 0.1 to 0.3 mg per kg of bodyweight, generally presents in the form of gastric pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, and flu-like symptoms. (Akiniwa 1997; Gessner 1994). A child weighing 10 kg would only need to ingest 1 to 3 grams of paste (less than 3% of a tube of Colgate-for-Kids) to experience one or more of these symptoms." http://www.fluoridealert.org/issues/dental-products/toothpastes/

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #68  
Propylene Glycol is still somewhat toxic to dogs with an LD50 = 9 mL/kg. So 90 mls would kill 50% of any 22 lb dogs that drank it. That is only 3 ozs. (Much less ethylene glycol would kill the dogs.). It is allowed in dog food etc but they are not adding it in those quantities.

Ken

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #69  
To answer the OP's question, no there is no legal limit to the number of mice you catch. PETA may have a different opinion if their fur starts showing up in the clothing stores. It takes a lot of mice to make a fur coat, so a mouse fur coat has to be pretty spendy. And don't damage the pelt when you catch or kill the mouse. Of course, with the mouse problem you have, it might feel best to catch the mouse and skin it alive. Oops! There's PETA again!

/ Is there a limit to the number of mice you can trap in a barn? #70  
The cats and snakes are great ideas. I'll add weasels if you got em down there. They love mice.

Is there some sort of food source for them? There's gotta be something that they are eating.