Big changes coming to Mossflower Wood Farm/Ranch...

/ Big changes coming to Mossflower Wood Farm/Ranch... #1  

MossflowerWoods

Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, Gravely 60" ZTR Mower. Stihl MS290 (selling), CS261, & FS190 + Echo CS400 & 2010 F-350 6.4 PSD snowplow truck
Things are pretty rough here at the moment. The big snow storm last week plus cold horses and me in Denver on business pushed my wife and girls over the edge...

At the moment, if I plan to stay married (which I do) at a minimum the horses MUST go, & she is refusing to let me finish the pasture fence and run-in shed (too bad for me that I've already bought the lumber and gates), and the plan is officially we MUST sell Mossflower Woods as soon as we can get our money back, maybe even before that...

Reading between the lines, that most likely means the tractor is toast as well, and I will have to go back to being a city boy...
I'm certain she will insist on moving closer to my work as well...

Everything has been so hard here, we've just never been able to get ahead of the maintenance issues and get things finished...

Such is life...

None of these things can happen instantly, but the Horses probably better be gone before my next trip which is currently the end of the month (or sooner).

Basically, we've lived here for 2 years now. March of 2011 we "camped" here using the furniture from the lake house for a couple weeks and nobody wanted to go home so we started moving and were completely moved by end of May I think...

I've tried to make it all work, but maintaining my career at the same time has just been too much it seems...

Be well all,
David

/ Big changes coming to Mossflower Wood Farm/Ranch... #2  
sorry to hear this.....

/ Big changes coming to Mossflower Wood Farm/Ranch... #3  
Hey David sorry to hear the situation. Not much one can say, but to take deep breaths, make a (to do list) and knock them off one at a time. As for the horses not sure how one handles that and good luck finding a buyer for them.

/ Big changes coming to Mossflower Wood Farm/Ranch... #4  
David i just can't imgine thing's turning that bad that quick now the horses out in the wet and cold is no big deal my neighbor has owned horses for many years no shelter for them. this had to be a quick decision that you didn't see comming, i know this is just the begining of something that i hope blows over as the weather improves, i don't have much education and ain't to smart but sounds to me like the end result of your deal is you get rid of everything move to the city and within 18 monts your wife is not pleased so can you see where i'm going with this. David please get your wife and ask her point blank what kinda life do you want with 2 kids and sit down and hammer it out.David i don't want you to take this the wrong way but sonds like you are giving up everything you and your kids want to satisfy someone who don't know what they want. please go to your paster or your close friends at the chruch and you and your wife and dicuss things and you will reach a agreememt that you all can live with.God bless you and your family.

/ Big changes coming to Mossflower Wood Farm/Ranch...
Hey David sorry to hear the situation. Not much one can say, but to take deep breaths, make a (to do list) and knock them off one at a time. As for the horses not sure how one handles that and good luck finding a buyer for them.

Wayne,

Thank you sir... I suspect we will not move too fast...

The horses will 90% chance go back to the rescue we got them from.

Things have been building for a while... just got explosive recently...

David

/ Big changes coming to Mossflower Wood Farm/Ranch... #6  
Well David, I am an olde fart and been through some of the same issues as you are presently. My major problem was putting too much on my plate and then expecting to be able to handle it all.
By the way I still do that! So I am not the one to give advice to anyone when it comes to over-load. Only advantage I have over you is I don’t like horses! I think moving the horses on is maybe a good idea and then
give yourself and wife time to work things out together. If it was easy anyone could do it.

W

Sam,

We've been in Christian Marriage counseling for over a year. This is a result of more than 2 years of tough times, maybe even longer ago, beats me.

Much of this is my fault trying to keep things propped up. The horses became a problem last summer when the girls got scared and stopped working with them... I've been milking it hoping things would improve, they'd step up more, I would make more progress, etc...

I'm a "keep grinding untill I get thru" guy, that's how I roll... did not work out the way I expected.

The 3 girls are all duck & chicken crazy, and the tractor is for managing way more than the horses. There is no way we can afford to move right now (I believe), so I suspect I won't give up "everything"...

I truly love my wife and my daughters... I can't give them up, and I cannot manage horses alone and work...

It will all come out in the wash somehow...

David

/ Big changes coming to Mossflower Wood Farm/Ranch... #8  
A sad thing to have to retreat from a plan but you have to adapt to what events bring you that wasn't in the original plan. At least it is spring and things like horses and good used tractors are in demand so you shouldn't take much loss on them if they have to go. The land is a problem as the market is still a long way from where you bought it and you will need to hang onto it for some years to recoup your investment.
Good luck with plan B and stay positive.

Well David, I am an olde fart and been through some of the same issues as you are presently. My major problem was putting too much on my plate and then expecting to be able to handle it all.By the way I still do that! So I am not the one to give advice to anyone when it comes to over-load. Only advantage I have over you is I don’t like horses! I think moving the horses on is maybe a good idea and then
give yourself and wife time to work things out together. If it was easy anyone could do it.

W

Wayne,

Ditto, Ditto, and AMEN!

I'm off to Church now, I suspect He can help...

:D
David

A sad thing to have to retreat from a plan but you have to adapt to what events bring you that wasn't in the original plan. At least it is spring and things like horses and good used tractors are in demand so you shouldn't take much loss on them if they have to go. The land is a problem as the market is still a long way from where you bought it and you will need to hang onto it for some years to recoup your investment.
Good luck with plan B and stay positive.

Yes sir. THAT is the Plan...

David