How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ? #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
I have noticed lately folks posting on message boards they have a lic to carry and I have even noticed some here locally carrying holstered pistol openly...makes me wonder if I should apply....I hate to be one of the only unarmed folks out here...:)

/ How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ? #2  
I have noticed lately folks posting on message boards they have a lic to carry and I have even noticed some here locally carrying holstered pistol openly...makes me wonder if I should apply....I hate to be one of the only unarmed folks out here...:)

I have a licence to carry concealed I don't think You need one for open carry. At least not here.

/ How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ? #3  

git one.. you always have the option to NOT use it. :)

plus it's a neat '2nd' form of ID if ever asked. I hate showing people a credit card.. etc. :)

/ How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ? #4  
I have a license to carry as does my wife and both sons; daughters have no interest in doing so, one owns a gun and the other doesn't. It is not illegal to carry openly in Missouri, but it is in some cities, I never see anyone carrying openly except during hunting season.

/ How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ? #5  

The wife and I both got ours last summer,figured it won't get any easier, and may get much harder with things going as they are in this country now. I don't ALWAYS carry, but now I always have the option.

/ How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ? #6  
I've been thinking about getting a concealed carry license, but I've hesitated cuz I just don't know if I want to add my name to that list.

I've always thought that if I actually needed my gun, it would make no difference whether or not I had a license, and if I didn't need my gun, I'd prefer that no one knew that I had it anyways.

/ How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ? #7  
I have one but don't I don't carry but I do keep a gun in my car so the carry license OKs that practice. I occasionally see folks open carrying. As SG says it's a great form of ID.

SimS

/ How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ? #8  
,figured it won't get any easier, and may get much harder .

Smart move IMHO....

I urged my mother and cousin to get theirs as well.. they finally did this year..

/ How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ? #9  
I've had my conceal carry permit for 26 years. I tell no one how and where I carry my weapon. I don't feel the need to boast about carrying, but I'm glad I do. It's a personal decision as to whether you want to get your permit. One thing is for sure, if you every have to use your weapon for what ever reason.... it will change your life forever. Could be good or could be bad. My vote is to get the permit. Going to the class will also give you a good education that you may not have regarding this issue. Just be careful and good luck.

/ How many have concealed carry permit to carry a gun ? #10  
I have one but don't I don't carry but I do keep a gun in my car so the carry license OKs that practice. I occasionally see folks open carrying. As SG says it's a great form of ID.

SimS

at your home... no need for the permit.

but out and about?

sure.. a sef defense action might be an affirmative defense to carrying concealed illegally. but say you got checked during a non self defense situation. at that point htere would be no way to invoke self defense as an afirmative defense.. and you may be then charged with a low class felony or MDM for having it without the paper.

face it. if you've ever bought a gun on a form 4473 froma dealer.. someone knows you have one. the license.. yeah.. your on a list..

tough times for law abigding gun owners these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.