Pesky Beavers

/ Pesky Beavers #2  
Dynamite! Large sticks!:shocked:
Trappers. They are real difficult to get rid of otherwise. I've had to hire a trapper twice for my pond over 25 years or so.

/ Pesky Beavers #3  
A motion detector hooked to a flood light and siren really gets to them. They like to work at night in private and having the lights come on every time they go to where the water is gurgling makes them move on.

/ Pesky Beavers #5  
Somebody in Officaldom decided to re-introduce them to a trial area in Scotland. Guess what, some have escaped and colonised other areas.

/ Pesky Beavers #6  
Like Coyote machine said LARGE sticks of Dynamite or a 30-30 rifle. went thru that problem last year just dont let the DEC know because they frown upon beaver hunters

/ Pesky Beavers #7  
Practice the three S method -- shoot, shovel and shut-up. Since they are nocturnal, poke a hole in the dam and sit and wait at dusk or dawn. Shotguns are probably best, loaded with small buckshot. Trapping works well but the fur is still too low so it usually costs to have it done. They develop a family group of 5 to 7 so taking one out is usually not enough. Dynamite only works if you do it just before freeze up or are lucky enough to catch them in the blast. -- JMHO

/ Pesky Beavers #8  
Practice the three S method -- shoot, shovel and shut-up. Since they are nocturnal, poke a hole in the dam and sit and wait at dusk or dawn. Shotguns are probably best, loaded with small buckshot. Trapping works well but the fur is still too low so it usually costs to have it done. They develop a family group of 5 to 7 so taking one out is usually not enough. Dynamite only works if you do it just before freeze up or are lucky enough to catch them in the blast. -- JMHO

Turkey Loads!!!!!!!

:eek:

/ Pesky Beavers #10  
I have successfully trapped them out at my place in the off-season with a nuisance permit from the DEC. One "off-season" I got 9 of them. Prior to that, I had a live and let live attitude. But once they multiplied, they started wreaking havoc on acres and acres of trees. So I had to eliminate them. That was a few years ago. There had been some minor activity this past fall again, so this time I found a trapper that was more than happy to trap for the fun of it during the season (and what little money the pelts bring). He's happy, I'm happy. Beavers, not so much....