Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS R4047

Default Pesky Beavers

How do I get rid of beavers ?

Ok , I see it coming , 4 legged beavers ....
    2012 LS R4047 , FEL , Backhoe, kingkutter finish mower,68 " rachet rake, Titan skidsteer 72" root Grapple, JD 145,JD166 ........Dodge 3500 cummins, Kenworth w900l Cat powered ...

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Default Re: Pesky Beavers

Dynamite! Large sticks!
    Trappers. They are real difficult to get rid of otherwise. I've had to hire a trapper twice for my pond over 25 years or so.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

A motion detector hooked to a flood light and siren really gets to them. They like to work at night in private and having the lights come on every time they go to where the water is gurgling makes them move on.

"The Old Goat Ranch" Grimes County, Texas
    Tractor
    1990 - JD 870

.....give em cab-fare to the mall?

<sorry...I couldn't HELP myself...)
    "...As I get older, I find that any day in which my gratitude exceeds my expectations is a good day..."

----- Ray Wylie Hubbard, musician

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH TCE45

Somebody in Officaldom decided to re-introduce them to a trial area in Scotland. Guess what, some have escaped and colonised other areas.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810 HST, Kioti DK35SE HST

Like Coyote machine said LARGE sticks of Dynamite or a 30-30 rifle. went thru that problem last year just dont let the DEC know because they frown upon beaver hunters
    Lord, Help me to be the man my dog thinks i am . . .John. Mahindra 2810HST, 108H loader with Quick tach buckets and forks. Kioti DK35SE HST with loader, Hyd. top link and second set of rear remotes, 60" and 66" buckets, Kubota 900 RTV and a bunch of other good stuff
    Buy more equipment, It makes life easier.!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 284(Spirit fel), MF 135 (MF200 fel)

Practice the three S method -- shoot, shovel and shut-up. Since they are nocturnal, poke a hole in the dam and sit and wait at dusk or dawn. Shotguns are probably best, loaded with small buckshot. Trapping works well but the fur is still too low so it usually costs to have it done. They develop a family group of 5 to 7 so taking one out is usually not enough. Dynamite only works if you do it just before freeze up or are lucky enough to catch them in the blast. -- JMHO

Tractor
    Mahindra 3510

Quote Originally Posted by studor View Post
    Practice the three S method -- shoot, shovel and shut-up. Since they are nocturnal, poke a hole in the dam and sit and wait at dusk or dawn. Shotguns are probably best, loaded with small buckshot. Trapping works well but the fur is still too low so it usually costs to have it done. They develop a family group of 5 to 7 so taking one out is usually not enough. Dynamite only works if you do it just before freeze up or are lucky enough to catch them in the blast. -- JMHO
    Turkey Loads!!!!!!!

PROUD AIR FORCE DAD

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Found this and it is certainly cheap and easy enough.

FARM SHOW - "Foolproof Way" To Get Rid Of Beavers

Foster Center, RI

Bronze Member

I have successfully trapped them out at my place in the off-season with a nuisance permit from the DEC. One "off-season" I got 9 of them. Prior to that, I had a live and let live attitude. But once they multiplied, they started wreaking havoc on acres and acres of trees. So I had to eliminate them. That was a few years ago. There had been some minor activity this past fall again, so this time I found a trapper that was more than happy to trap for the fun of it during the season (and what little money the pelts bring). He's happy, I'm happy. Beavers, not so much....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast