Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ?

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
I have just found a very important legal document that I knew I had but had filed it away in a place where I was certain it would be safe and then I forgot where I had filed it...I had done this over ten yrs. ago...I have been looking for it for a few months now off and on and it has been driving me crazy and then today I checked a file cabinet right under my nose in a file I had overlooked and there the folder was with my document...Whew !

I post about this to stress the importance of having a certain place for the very important files or files that may become important....Usually I am a stickler on this but in this case it was so important I set up a special place for it and that backfired....All's good that ends well...File safely....or maybe it is just me...and remember copies on the computer for some documents, like certified or notarized originals does not work...

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #2  
I have just found a very important legal document that I knew I had but had filed it away in a place where I was certain it would be safe and then I forgot where I had filed it...I had done this over ten yrs. ago...I have been looking for it for a few months now off and on and it has been driving me crazy and then today I checked a file cabinet right under my nose in a file I had overlooked and there the folder was with my document...Whew !

I post about this to stress the importance of having a certain place for the very important files or files that may become important....Usually I am a stickler on this but in this case it was so important I set up a special place for it and that backfired....All's good that ends well...File safely....or maybe it is just me...and remember copies on the computer for some documents, like certified or notarized originals does not work...

You must return them to their files when your done with them, not after supper or later but when you are done. That's what i'm working on.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #3  
kinda on the same note, i received a voucher good for ANY one time round trip flight on any Southwest flight in the USA. The wife told me she would put it somewhere we would not lose it.

Never saw it again.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #4  
Good thoughts Bob, and I'm glad you found your doc before going nuts :D

I have a folder that is supposed to contain complete documentation that would be useful to grab in case of a house fire or other calamity. I've told our kids about it in case the wife and I get abducted by aliens. It would be difficult to be the executor of an estate and have no idea what and where the estate comprises.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #5  
We've got lots of files at home but.....really important legal documents are in a safe deposit box....just in case. :2cents:

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #6  
Keepem in your gun safe.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #7  
We've got lots of files at home but.....really important legal documents are in a safe deposit box....just in case. :2cents:

Where do you keep the safety deposit box key and who knows you have one? I guess they still use keys.

One thing about boxes, heirs can get locked out of them until the contents are inventoried by a probate officer.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #8  
About 25 years ago, a Friend of ours parents were selling a Bar in Florida. The Bar had a 6 foot safe and I bought it for $250.00. We keep everything of importance in it. It is rated to 1200 degrees and is very heavy. I have it bolted to a concrete floor and I'm not worried about it being carted away. It was a B***H to move into our house.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #9  
For a full month I looked for a keychain remote garage opener. I finally found it hanging from the keyboard that all our keys are stored on. Just like the found tool thread.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #10  
a Word or Excel document with the document name ... and file folder and location can jog the memory .

Will..... under MISC folder in lower drawer in pink cabinet.

tractor key ... nailed to garage wall beside door in Barn. spare key under seat in magnetic box........ spare spare in wallet.

GUN ... under pillow :confused2: