Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ?

I have just found a very important legal document that I knew I had but had filed it away in a place where I was certain it would be safe and then I forgot where I had filed it...I had done this over ten yrs. ago...I have been looking for it for a few months now off and on and it has been driving me crazy and then today I checked a file cabinet right under my nose in a file I had overlooked and there the folder was with my document...Whew !

I post about this to stress the importance of having a certain place for the very important files or files that may become important....Usually I am a stickler on this but in this case it was so important I set up a special place for it and that backfired....All's good that ends well...File safely....or maybe it is just me...and remember copies on the computer for some documents, like certified or notarized originals does not work...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found i

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    I have just found a very important legal document that I knew I had but had filed it away in a place where I was certain it would be safe and then I forgot where I had filed it...I had done this over ten yrs. ago...I have been looking for it for a few months now off and on and it has been driving me crazy and then today I checked a file cabinet right under my nose in a file I had overlooked and there the folder was with my document...Whew !

I post about this to stress the importance of having a certain place for the very important files or files that may become important....Usually I am a stickler on this but in this case it was so important I set up a special place for it and that backfired....All's good that ends well...File safely....or maybe it is just me...and remember copies on the computer for some documents, like certified or notarized originals does not work...

You must return them to their files when your done with them, not after supper or later but when you are done. That's what i'm working on.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Default Re: Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found i

kinda on the same note, i received a voucher good for ANY one time round trip flight on any Southwest flight in the USA. The wife told me she would put it somewhere we would not lose it.

Never saw it again.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Good thoughts Bob, and I'm glad you found your doc before going nuts

I have a folder that is supposed to contain complete documentation that would be useful to grab in case of a house fire or other calamity. I've told our kids about it in case the wife and I get abducted by aliens. It would be difficult to be the executor of an estate and have no idea what and where the estate comprises.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

We've got lots of files at home but.....really important legal documents are in a safe deposit box....just in case.
    I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good!

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Keepem in your gun safe.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
    We've got lots of files at home but.....really important legal documents are in a safe deposit box....just in case.
    Where do you keep the safety deposit box key and who knows you have one? I guess they still use keys.

One thing about boxes, heirs can get locked out of them until the contents are inventoried by a probate officer.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

About 25 years ago, a Friend of ours parents were selling a Bar in Florida. The Bar had a 6 foot safe and I bought it for $250.00. We keep everything of importance in it. It is rated to 1200 degrees and is very heavy. I have it bolted to a concrete floor and I'm not worried about it being carted away. It was a B***H to move into our house.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened

For a full month I looked for a keychain remote garage opener. I finally found it hanging from the keyboard that all our keys are stored on. Just like the found tool thread.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ariens

a Word or Excel document with the document name ... and file folder and location can jog the memory .

Will..... under MISC folder in lower drawer in pink cabinet.

tractor key ... nailed to garage wall beside door in Barn. spare key under seat in magnetic box........ spare spare in wallet.

GUN ... under pillow

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast