dispatching a large groundhog.

/ dispatching a large groundhog.
Head shot it is then. Thanks for the advice. I'll post when I get him, if I get him.

/ dispatching a large groundhog. #12  
Had a ton of them on my property, purchased two dogs, no more ground hogs :thumbsup:

/ dispatching a large groundhog. #13  
Head shot with .22 or .17 and he won't be chucking any more wood. Take careful aim and don't miss. They get real smart real fast.

Should he start tunneling under or in one of your buildings it will add a sense of urgency to your mission. They can do a lot of damage in a hurry.

/ dispatching a large groundhog. #14  
Not too bad on the grill either... cook low and slow. Taste like groundhog.

mark

/ dispatching a large groundhog. #15  
Take careful aim and don't miss. They get real smart real fast.

You sure got that right. When we first moved to our property I could get close enough to shoot them with a 20 gauge without a problem, killed about 35 that first year. Second year I had to start using a .22 rifle from a longer distance to get them, shot 25 that second year. Now I have to be real sneaky to even get a shot at them, they run if they even hear me walking down the drive.

/ dispatching a large groundhog. #16  
If the Groundhog is still there raffle off tickets for who gets use him for target practice!:thumbsup:

/ dispatching a large groundhog. #17  
If the Groundhog is still there raffle off tickets for who gets use him for target practice!:thumbsup:

AND.. you can have a second raffle for the BBQ rights!:)

/ dispatching a large groundhog. #18  
Aguila SubSonicSniper ammo is my ammo of choice to dispatch groundhogs. It's the length of a 22LR but comprised of a 22short casing with an extra long bullet. Low velocity but very heavy. You have to get close but i haven't had a problem with that. Shot from a Marlin 39, its so quiet that I hear the hammer hit the firing pin louder than the report.

/ dispatching a large groundhog. #19  
   / dispatching a large groundhog. #20  
Back in my ole stomping grounds it was common to see a 20~25 LB chuck, and every now & again a 30 could be had. At my farm 30 or so miles away they are almost miniature and a BIG one is not much more than 8lbs... but there are a lot more of them ;)

Mark