Hunter ceiling fan reliability

/ Hunter ceiling fan reliability #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Guys, I devoted much of today to replacing the ten year old Hunter ceiling fan in my family room with a newer model that was larger, and got to thinking: I began installing Hunter ceiling fans in my house since I moved her in late 1988, and of the six I have here, three of them date back to 1988-1989 and have run tens of thousands of hours with perfect reliabilty. The newer ones are nowhere as well made, but will still probably outlast me. Made me wonder: Who has the oldest Hunter fan that has never needed a repair?

/ Hunter ceiling fan reliability #2  
We had one Hunter Ceiling Fan in our Home in Florida. It was still running when we sold the Home. We had it for over 17 years. We ran it almost all the time due to the Florida climate.

/ Hunter ceiling fan reliability #3  
I don't know about the fans but my mom has a Kitchen Aid dishwasher that was installed in 1978 and still works almost as good from day 1

/ Hunter ceiling fan reliability #4  
I've got a Hunter installed during a "wood stove room" remodel in 1987. Runs just as quiet as ever:)

PH

/ Hunter ceiling fan reliability #5  
We have 3 42in classic original ceiling fans that we have had for over 30 years,still working.Cast iron housing /oil bath lub.Have to oil every few years.Had two in horse barn for over 15 years.You can still get them.They are over $300. now. Jack

/ Hunter ceiling fan reliability #6  
I installed a Hunter fan in my house in towm approximately 15 years ago. Still smooth and silent. I won't buy another brand.

Joe

/ Hunter ceiling fan reliability #7  
Currently have one in the house......been here about 12 years. The Hunter Fan Co. started in the 1880's.....must be doing something right!:thumbsup:

/ Hunter ceiling fan reliability #8  
We have three; one is at least 20 years old. Never a problem, except for the dust they collect and that's my fault not the fan's.

/ Hunter ceiling fan reliability #9  
I installed two Hunter fans in early 1987, haven't had one problem out of them. I installed two other fans in other rooms about the same time (wife thought they were more 'appropriate' for the rooms. One of them lasted 5 years, the other lasted 7 years. Replaced them with Hunters while the wife was gone to work. I'm pretty sure all four of them will outlast me.

/ Hunter ceiling fan reliability #10  
I have one outside on the screen porch (designed to be outside), rarely need to use, runs as good as new... probably 12 years old?

mark