Grimes County (TX) Neighors

/ Grimes County (TX) Neighors #1  

rustyshakelford

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 5100E/H260/MX15
We are working on clearing our place in preparation of building our new home and shop. Is anyone is the area interested in discing a few acres. Maybe 4-5. I have underbrushed it and removed all the pines and just have some roots that need discing before I plant some Texas tough Bermuda. I can haul, just let me know what you'd be looking for. I'm not in a huge hurry but just wanted to put this out there. We are waiting until we get moved in before buying a tractor. Want to know exactly how much I'm going to be taking care of so I can buy accordingly. We have a hair under 13 acres.

Thanks

Brett

/ Grimes County (TX) Neighors #2  
We are working on clearing our place in preparation of building our new home and shop. Is anyone is the area interested in discing a few acres. Maybe 4-5. I have underbrushed it and removed all the pines and just have some roots that need discing before I plant some Texas tough Bermuda. I can haul, just let me know what you'd be looking for. I'm not in a huge hurry but just wanted to put this out there. We are waiting until we get moved in before buying a tractor. Want to know exactly how much I'm going to be taking care of so I can buy accordingly. We have a hair under 13 acres.

Thanks

Brett

Brett,
I bought a 8.5 foot offset disc on speculation of helping a neighbor improve his leased 100 acre spread and for use on retirement property. Right now I am repairing all the worn parts on it. The tongue is at the welding shop right now getting beefed up and a new hole in the hitch. I have the wheel axles and hubs replaced. Still need to buy two rims and tires to get 4 tires on the ground. Hopefully in a few weeks, it will be ready to disc. I live in Montgomery County, just east of Grimes County and two miles east of Willis. I would love to try out my disc on your place. I think my dual tandem trailer (24+5 foot) can haul my Mahindra and the disc, but I am not sure about the length of everything on at once. I hauled the disc home on it, but just had the tractor up on it to pull the disc off and it looked doable then.
Anyway, here is a link to the thread I started on the disc......http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/270878-amco-offset-disc.html
hugs, Brandi

/ Grimes County (TX) Neighors
Brett,
I bought a 8.5 foot offset disc on speculation of helping a neighbor improve his leased 100 acre spread and for use on retirement property. Right now I am repairing all the worn parts on it. The tongue is at the welding shop right now getting beefed up and a new hole in the hitch. I have the wheel axles and hubs replaced. Still need to buy two rims and tires to get 4 tires on the ground. Hopefully in a few weeks, it will be ready to disc. I live in Montgomery County, just east of Grimes County and two miles east of Willis. I would love to try out my disc on your place. I think my dual tandem trailer (24+5 foot) can haul my Mahindra and the disc, but I am not sure about the length of everything on at once. I hauled the disc home on it, but just had the tractor up on it to pull the disc off and it looked doable then.
Anyway, here is a link to the thread I started on the disc......http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/270878-amco-offset-disc.html
hugs, Brandi

That is great. We currently live 2978/1488 area in magnolia. I have several friends up in the Willis area. My trailer isn't much bigger at 25+5 but if your interested and it won't all fit I can help however I can! That's a good sized disc too. I am having the back side of my place logged due to me being exhausted from clearing it and cutting logs by myself but the front side where the house and shop will be is pine free! If all goes to plan and things slow down a bit I will rake it and get the bigger stuff out of the way soon. I have read your pond threads and hopefully can get some pointers from you too.

Thx

Brett

/ Grimes County (TX) Neighors #4  
Find a tractor....I'll loan you my disk as long as you need it for FTD....."favors to be determined" (Whadayagot?).

Its a 5' wide twin gang....so even smaller tractors should be able to pull it w/o a problem....I drag it all over our deer lease with my JD 870.

I will be back in the states on 3 Apr...and will be making several trips from the Coast (Lake Jackson) to Bedias with my trailer as I continue to work on the Barn-Do-Miniun, so, depending on where you ARE in Grimes County, I should be going right past...

If I wasn't up to my belly-button in alligators, I would do more....

Let me know...

T

Find a tractor....I'll loan you my disk as long as you need it for FTD....."favors to be determined" (Whadayagot?).

Its a 5' wide twin gang....so even smaller tractors should be able to pull it w/o a problem....I drag it all over our deer lease with my JD 870.

I will be back in the states on 3 Apr...and will be making several trips from the Coast (Lake Jackson) to Bedias with my trailer as I continue to work on the Barn-Do-Miniun, so, depending on where you ARE in Grimes County, I should be going right past...

If I wasn't up to my belly-button in alligators, I would do more....

Let me know...

T

You'll have to stop by when you come thru if I'm out there. Our place is about 3 miles west of plantersville on highway 105. Go south at jct 234. It's off of CR 344. I could give you the grand tour. I met with entergy last week. They will get me power at no cost to me and bury it even! All I have to do is trench about 150' and supply the conduit

Brett

/ Grimes County (TX) Neighors #6  
That is great. We currently live 2978/1488 area in magnolia. I have several friends up in the Willis area. My trailer isn't much bigger at 25+5 but if your interested and it won't all fit I can help however I can! That's a good sized disc too. I am having the back side of my place logged due to me being exhausted from clearing it and cutting logs by myself but the front side where the house and shop will be is pine free! If all goes to plan and things slow down a bit I will rake it and get the bigger stuff out of the way soon. I have read your pond threads and hopefully can get some pointers from you too.

Thx

Brett

Brett,
No problem. It weighs somewhere around 3800-4,000 pounds, so it should cut most of what is in it's way. It's always those stray limbs, that you don't see, poking up that hurt tractors.
hugs, Brandi

Brett,
No problem. It weighs somewhere around 3800-4,000 pounds, so it should cut most of what is in it's way. It's always those stray limbs, that you don't see, poking up that hurt tractors.
hugs, Brandi

It wasn't bad except for the stray youpon spear every once in a while. Once I started digging the pines, all he roots I broke off got mixed in with the dirt and when back filled it made a mess. There's nothing really out there to hurt a tractor, just tickles the bottom side of my truck when I'm driving out there. My goal is to get all the little sticks, twigs and left over roots from youpon out and get some seed down to prevent erosion. I've got to drag the dozer over to Cleveland next week and hopefully get a rake installed and that will clean up a bunch of what I'm talking about. There's always something to do and it all costs money

Brett

/ Grimes County (TX) Neighors #8  
It wasn't bad except for the stray youpon spear every once in a while. Once I started digging the pines, all he roots I broke off got mixed in with the dirt and when back filled it made a mess. There's nothing really out there to hurt a tractor, just tickles the bottom side of my truck when I'm driving out there. My goal is to get all the little sticks, twigs and left over roots from youpon out and get some seed down to prevent erosion. I've got to drag the dozer over to Cleveland next week and hopefully get a rake installed and that will clean up a bunch of what I'm talking about. There's always something to do and it all costs money

Brett
Brett,
Sounds like a cake walk after it gets raked. This offset disc of mine will cut up youpon like cutting butter. You going over to Rake Sales in Cleveland? What size dozer do you have?

Always, always, always, if something is going to happen to me or my tractor.............it usually is at dusk when I am hurrying to finish up. Operator error, a large pointed stick that breaks a valve stem off bumping a dead pine that dumps 4 foot of rotten log across the hood, a stray stick getting caught up in the fan belt and shredding it. All this happened to me and my old Ford 3055 while box blading the loggers mess up, years ago.
hugs, Brandi

Brett,
Sounds like a cake walk after it gets raked. This offset disc of mine will cut up youpon like cutting butter. You going over to Rake Sales in Cleveland? What size dozer do you have?

Always, always, always, if something is going to happen to me or my tractor.............it usually is at dusk when I am hurrying to finish up. Operator error, a large pointed stick that breaks a valve stem off bumping a dead pine that dumps 4 foot of rotten log across the hood, a stray stick getting caught up in the fan belt and shredding it. All this happened to me and my old Ford 3055 while box blading the loggers mess up, years ago.
hugs, Brandi

I know how an end of day whoops goes! That's how my stihl 361 got ran over! Yes we're using rake sales. Dozer is a jd 450j LPG. Hopefully they can get us some sweeps and screens built also while its there.

Brett

/ Grimes County (TX) Neighors #10  
I know how an end of day whoops goes! That's how my stihl 361 got ran over! Yes we're using rake sales. Dozer is a jd 450j LPG. Hopefully they can get us some sweeps and screens built also while its there.

Brett
I'm always worried about running over my saw. If I am not uses the backhoe, I put it in the bucket. I usually have it "hid" behind a tree with the milk crate full of gas and oil and such. But sometimes that tree is just too far to walk to!
JD450J LPG...................................sweet. I gather your gonna spend some $$$$ for all the rake, sweeps, and screens.
hugs, Brandi