What's this on my new F150?

/ What's this on my new F150?
Can someone put some coins in it and take another picture please. It doesn't look very usefull size wise, and it would help to see how many coins it holds.

Here's a photo with 5 quarters and 4 nickles. It holds 9 quarters or 9 nickles. One slot is slightly wider than the others. It is very hard to get dimes out if you put one in. Not too easy to get any coins out and they jingle while you drive just enough to be annoying.

If this is what Ford intends it to be used for, it seems like they would at least mention it in the owners manual.

Attachments

• DSC05588 (Large).JPG
    DSC05588 (Large).JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 128
   / What's this on my new F150? #12  
It's just a silly placeholder for a control that the 2wd trucks don't need. On most cars it would have been a blank faceplate, but they decided to try to make something "useful" out of it.

/ What's this on my new F150? #13  
Here's a photo with 5 quarters and 4 nickles. It holds 9 quarters or 9 nickles. One slot is slightly wider than the others. It is very hard to get dimes out if you put one in. Not too easy to get any coins out and they jingle while you drive just enough to be annoying.

If this is what Ford intends it to be used for, it seems like they would at least mention it in the owners manual.
Does it turn so you can just dump everything out? Looks like it would be harder to get those coins out than it would be from your pocket.

/ What's this on my new F150? #14  
Yo, dude.

/ What's this on my new F150? #16  
I hang my cb mic just above it so it hangs down over it and I don't have to look at it on my '05 F150. Useless frammitz for those of us lucky enough not to have toll roads or many parking meters to feed. What do those poor 4x4 owners do for change storage? Pockets? How passe.

/ What's this on my new F150? #17  

Thanks. Kinda useless as a coin holder.:(

/ What's this on my new F150? #19  

You better delete that pic before you get taxed (again) on it. :laughing: