Assessor came by today

/ Assessor came by today #1  

dustinfox

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
I built a 30x40 pole barn last year and the tax assessor came by today to check it out. We live in a small town so the assessor drives up from the capitol. I told him it was a pole barn with a dirt floor. After letting him in to examine, he informed me that "It's not a pole barn. A pole barn is up off the ground on poles."

City folk ... :confused2:

Assessor: "an expert who calculates the value of property."

/ Assessor came by today #2  
Should have told him the poles sunk since you took a year to come out and look !!!!

/ Assessor came by today #4  
I built a 30x40 pole barn last year and the tax assessor came by today to check it out. We live in a small town so the assessor drives up from the capitol. I told him it was a pole barn with a dirt floor. After letting him in to examine, he informed me that "It's not a pole barn. A pole barn is up off the ground on poles."

City folk ... :confused2:

XD. That's funny. I bust out laughing and I would have bust out laughing right then and there at him if he had told me that. :)

Chad

/ Assessor came by today #5  
You should have had him walk thru some manure around your place in his patent leather shoes.:D

/ Assessor came by today #6  
Came by my place 2 days ago, tax both open porches, any storage shed(s) and said they'd tax a dog house if it was large??? Makes my blood boil when I see how far they will go to "get in your pocket"

/ Assessor came by today #7  
We're (the town) getting a total revaluation over the next two years. Should be exciting. There is pressure developing here to collect more from property taxes, and less from income. Unless people scream, that means a higher "ransom" on keeping your property.

In NH, you are lucky he didn't say you had a "view" pole barn. :laughing:

/ Assessor came by today #8  
Several years ago my neighbor protested the way they assessed his property and demanded they come out and justify. We have the right to protest the county assessment by law. He was a complete a-hole and knitpicked what their process. So the assessor when by the book and measured everything to the knat's *****. Ended up costing him about $200.00 if I recall from what he said, but he made his point!

/ Assessor came by today #9  
Could he have though it was a Scottish or Irish barn ?

/ Assessor came by today #10  
I got some skunk cabbage for him !!!