Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...?????

/ Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...????? #11  
Would this mean no more IQ tests before being allowed to have children?

My wife and I have three (Adult now) We are still trying to determine who the mother was....

"Government has no buisness in private lives! Less is more. Use your vote to CUT the federal gov. whenever you can.

/ Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...????? #12  
Choosing to have a child recently or being blessed with one, either way you look at it, I'm being forced to confront society at a different level now. I mean that literally, confront! My wife and I took our son to the doctor for one of his many, almost mandatory doctor appointments the other day. He turned one year old and during the doctors visit I was handed a piece of paper. The doctor told me that the state of Illinois requires me to take my son to the hospital, have his blood drawn, and have the blood tested for lead. She gave me a sympathetic glance while explaining this.

I said to her, "Are you telling me it's a law that my son's blood is tested for lead?" She answered, "Well, no, not unless you are on public aid. I know, don't get you started right?" To which I answered, "Well, as you know I'm not, my house was built in 1992 and there is no lead paint in it and he doesn't go to daycare, so in short, I'm not getting his blood lead tested!" She said, "No problem, I understand but it will be required for kindergarten." My reply to that remark was, "Well, he may end up home schooled at this rate!"

And so it begins, my battle with society to raise my child the way I see fit. I have a feeling it's going to be a loosing battle but I won't go down without a fight.

My message to the rest of society, local, state, and federal government is: "When I want your help I will ask for it!"

Kevin

/ Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...????? #13  
I agree with you regarding the lead testing. How will you react to the required immunization shots.

/ Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...????? #14  
There really are a lot of parents out there unsuited to raise kids. Unfortunately the public schools are in such bad shape that they generally make it worse.

As the husband of a frustrated school teacher it is not so much that the schools are in bad shape as we have handcuffed the teachers. We have pawned off all parental responsibility to the teachers without giving them the authority to enforce it. In her district, the schools do not even expect the kids to come with a pencil. They are all provided. But they come with their iPhones and high end smart phones.

/ Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...?????
Choosing to have a child recently or being blessed with one, either way you look at it, I'm being forced to confront society at a different level now. I mean that literally, confront! My wife and I took our son to the doctor for one of his many, almost mandatory doctor appointments the other day. He turned one year old and during the doctors visit I was handed a piece of paper. The doctor told me that the state of Illinois requires me to take my son to the hospital, have his blood drawn, and have the blood tested for lead. She gave me a sympathetic glance while explaining this.

I said to her, "Are you telling me it's a law that my son's blood is tested for lead?" She answered, "Well, no, not unless you are on public aid. I know, don't get you started right?" To which I answered, "Well, as you know I'm not, my house was built in 1992 and there is no lead paint in it and he doesn't go to daycare, so in short, I'm not getting his blood lead tested!" She said, "No problem, I understand but it will be required for kindergarten." My reply to that remark was, "Well, he may end up home schooled at this rate!"

And so it begins, my battle with society to raise my child the way I see fit. I have a feeling it's going to be a loosing battle but I won't go down without a fight.

My message to the rest of society, local, state, and federal government is: "When I want your help I will ask for it!"

Kevin

Kevin, Have you considered, maybe they also give the Govt. a blood sample for each child so the Govt. can record each individual child's DNA ? They would also have blood relatives DNA then as well.

/ Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...????? #16  
I agree with you regarding the lead testing. How will you react to the required immunization shots.

We've talked to friends in the medical field whose opinion we trust and so far have not refused any shots for him except a flu shot at six months of age. We waited until he was nine months for that.

Kevin

/ Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...????? #17  
Kevin, Have you considered, maybe they also give the Govt. a blood sample for each child so the Govt. can record each individual child's DNA ? They would also have blood relatives DNA then as well.

No, I hadn't considered that. But now that I have considered that, I'm laughing. I don't think the same people that can't make a profit with several monopolies could pull that off.

/ Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...????? #18  
As the husband of a frustrated school teacher it is not so much that the schools are in bad shape as we have handcuffed the teachers. We have pawned off all parental responsibility to the teachers without giving them the authority to enforce it. In her district, the schools do not even expect the kids to come with a pencil. They are all provided. But they come with their iPhones and high end smart phones.

Up till the last administration change at the local high school I was teaching kids to program micro controllers. It was mostly computer science with a bit of electronics mixed in. The super and principal left at the same time and within a year they could not manage to produce a schedule that included my class. After two years of attempting to get scheduled I got the message that I was not welcome there.

I learned a lot about teaching and teachers. There are a few bums that know how to work the system but most are hard working, under paid and intelligent

My work at the school was on a volunteer basis because it was my idea of paying it forward. There is no way I would teach full time given the crap teachers have to put up with.

/ Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...????? #19  
"You must adhere to the values of the state! No individual thought will be tolerated." (Leader For Life, BHO):rolleyes:

/ Our Kids belong to everyone ....collectively...????? #20  
Up till the last administration change at the local high school I was teaching kids to program micro controllers. It was mostly computer science with a bit of electronics mixed in. The super and principal left at the same time and within a year they could not manage to produce a schedule that included my class. After two years of attempting to get scheduled I got the message that I was not welcome there.

I learned a lot about teaching and teachers. There are a few bums that know how to work the system but most are hard working, under paid and intelligent

My work at the school was on a volunteer basis because it was my idea of paying it forward. There is no way I would teach full time given the crap teachers have to put up with.

When I worked for the state, we interviewed a lot of young school teachers who although they loved teaching, were leaving the profession simply because they were tired of the BS.