Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: Kids with Cel Phones

My 20 year old grand daughter is a slave to her cell phone. I think that if the choice between breathing and answering a text message, she would text till just before passing out, or maybe pass out first. I have had a cell phone since 1990 and don't send text messages, don't call up every Tom, Dick and Harry every hour to update my daily lifestyle like some folks. Most of the time now since I retired, it is turned off and on the kitchen counter. I try to remember it when I go out and turn it on so if the wife wants me to pick up something, I can. I also try to keep it with me when wife and I go shopping so I can find her (she can disappear faster than a bon bon around a fat girl). Now the wife, she is on her phone all day long talking with each of the kids, grand kids and friends. I would say at least 5 hours per day. Between cell phone (unlimited minutes) and Skype she talks to friends from Venezuela, Peru, Mexico, Canada and U. K. at least weekly. It seems everyone we know is either LINKEDIN or Facebook members (wife does Facebook, I only have the LinkedIn account) I guess that is OK to keep up with everything with the kids, much better than not knowing anything about them. Grandkids will call every few days to just chat with Grandma and every now and then ask about Grandpa.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    (she can disappear faster than a bon bon around a fat girl)
    THAT was funny. Going to have to use that myself.

Later,
    Dan

Tractor
    2008 Kioti DK 45 sc

Speaking of fun games. My daughter found an app/game that is a video game where you milk a cow and earn points for each squirt in the bucket time with a clock.
    You slide your finger down the screen to milk each teat. My first and only response was that there are 12 cows down the road that are all hand milked
    and I am sure the farmer would really appreciate the help any time of year and there is a historic museum farm 20 minutes away that offers the opportunity to do the same thing.

She was not amused! I laughed thinking only a country girl would find an app like the one she did...

Up here it is the law - all bicyclist regardless of age require a helmet! Period!
    Work hard to get it down - play like tomorrow may end!

Small Horse Farm: 12.5 acres: 2008 Kioti Dk 45SC with Cab, FEL, BH, 6' snow blower, 7' back blade, 7' box blade, 6' bush hog, 9"& 14" auger, 8' chain harrow, 4" chipper, sand spreader, 7' landscape rake, 3pt quick attach & coffee holder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12