Kids with Cel Phones

/ Kids with Cel Phones #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
We took our granddaughter to see the Croods Sunday afternoon. Monday afternoon we picked her up at her daycare to spend the night with us because her mother had work after school and her dad was attending a fire meeting. As soon as she got in the car she wanted my wife's I-phone to play with. That is not unusual but within fifteen minutes she had got into the App Store and started downloading the 'Croods App and Games". Wife didn't know what was going on until Stinkerbelle said something about it, the phone, taking a long time to load.

She is not yet four years old!

I'm fifty nine and can read and I would have been hard pressed to find and download the app in that short of a time.

She is not yet four years old! She cannot read to follow instructions!

Makes me feel obsolete.

We don't know how much it cost either.

RSKY

/ Kids with Cel Phones #2  
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

It truly is amazing how quick kids pick this stuff up. Why can't they pick up math as easily! :D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ Kids with Cel Phones #3  
Good stuff.

We want kids...at some point soon...I'm getting ready to "invent" the "No Photo" phone, so as not to have the kinds involved in "sexting" by the time they're old enough to hit "click". :eek:

Maybe I'll just re-badge the "Jitter-Bug". I'm about to get one myself. :laughing:

/ Kids with Cel Phones #4  
A neighbor girl rode past my driveway on her bike, she is 11 years old, she was texting on her phone!
She has her own phone! BUT not wearing a bike helmet! It's a Florida law!

/ Kids with Cel Phones #5  
A neighbor girl rode past my driveway on her bike, she is 11 years old, she was texting on her phone!

What is the law? Bike helmets? Or kids must have a cell phone? haha

/ Kids with Cel Phones #6  
I tried to put off investing in ipads for the kids but lost the battle this past Christmas. I was told that "everyone" in the class has one... my response was not everyone in the class has horses or riding lessons. My fear is that the kids would become brainless twits, and I was right. Over the holidays I watched them
slowly spend more time with the ipad than socializing, enjoying other family fun or other toys. After a month I had enough. So I implemented a work/chore schedule were they earned ipad time. 10 minutes of work gives them 5 minutes of ipad time. I also deduct time from their earned time if they do not do their chores etc.This has been working so far. I also take them away for periods of time for not being obedient. I believe in technology, but like tv, these devices can become babysitters and worse lead to social dysfunction.

It took me a while to set them up...but I had constant prompting and instruction from a 7 & 11 year old. :)

/ Kids with Cel Phones #8  

The parents should make her wear a helmet, AND take away her phone. Riding a bike is like driving a car- if you're not paying attention you're going to get hurt. It is irresponsible on the parent's part, and if she gets hurt they can only look to themselves for being stupid.

/ Kids with Cel Phones
So far we have found that Iphone games from "Duck, Duck, Moose" are the best for Stinkerbelle to play. They are actually teaching games that are styled for the little ones. She actually got thru several steps of the "Moron Test" without any help. The level of skill she and her little buddies display playing some of the Iphone and Ipad games and puzzles amaze me. She would still rather be pushed in a swing till granddaddy's shoulders hurt, or play hide and seek than play with the electronics.

/ Kids with Cel Phones #10  
So far we have found that Iphone games from "Duck, Duck, Moose" are the best for Stinkerbelle to play.

Stinkerbelle is a wonderful nickname. :thumbsup: Course I am sure the Nut Job PCers will tell you that you are harming her with such a name...

The wifey and our oldest have been nagging me to buy a riding lawn mower. Last year I mowed the grass and weeds once. You really only need to mow once a year, in October, after the grass/weeds stop growing! :shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing: Nobody but us sees the grass/weeds and I have more importantly things to do than mow grass. My new mantra is "I was not born to mow grass!" :D:D:D I should copyright that statement and sell bumper stickers. :)

Last weekend I was at Lowes and I had to look at the mowers. There was this 18-24 month old boy standing/sitting on a zero turn JD mower. His father was looking at light bulbs and not watching the kid. Twas his father's loss. The child has to sit/stand and STRETCH as far as he could to get a hold on the mowers control arms. The boy would hang on to the control arms and ever so softly say "VVVRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm" :laughing::laughing::laughing: It was soo danged funny and the father missed it while looking at light bulbs. I was wondering, and I guess I will never know, how did the kid know to use the control arms?

Yesterday I went to the JD dealer and bought a mower. :rolleyes: Wifey knows of course and our oldest really wants the mower but we are trying to make the mower a surprise so we have not told the oldest. We are trying to get the mower delivered before school so I can be mowing when the wifey returns home with the kids. Should be fun to watch. :laughing::laughing::laughing: The dealership used to be a family run business but they merged with all of the other JD dealers into one big company. Guess they had too to stay competitive. My guess is that the family still controls the dealership. This is a family run business and there has been very little turnover in the staff since I have been going there for almost 15 years. Over the years, I have noticed they have had young kids in the place working. The kids are obviously children of the employees and the kids are there after school has let out. Can you imagine a company letting the employee kids stay at work?

One visit, one boy helped carry my five gallon buckets of oils and fluids to the truck. I told him I would get it, the danged buckets were almost as big as him, but he insisted. :thumbsup: I can't tell for sure, but I think the boy is now a man, and working at the dealership.

Yesterday, a little girl was walking around with parts from one area of the dealer to the other. She was on some sort of a mission. :D I watched her go back and forth as I was deciding on a which mower to buy, 42 or 48 inch deck and another $400. At one point I asked her if she was old enough to work and she said, "Yes." :thumbsup::laughing::laughing::laughing: I asked her if she was getting paid and she said, "No." :D:D:D I told her that she needed to talk to her parents about Child Labor Laws and ask for chore money. :D:D:D Big Jon, one of the sales guys, told her she needed a better agent. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I wonder if her nickname was Stinkerbelle. She looked like a Stinkerbell. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan