Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest #11  
Nice work . Never seen grapes picked . I got a kick out of your second wagon being right there , looked like harvest in illinois .

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest
Nice work . Never seen grapes picked . I got a kick out of your second wagon being right there , looked like harvest in illinois .

We always want the second cart ready to go as soon as one is filled. We were harvesting 250 acres with the korvan and picking up to 14 hours a day. Need to keep things running smoothly as the trucks are scheduled by the processor so there is a lot of thought in when and how were running.

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest #13  
Nice videos Robert. Your operation seems to be well thought out and very productive. How has your harvest been comparing to others in your area? At what point are your grapes sold to a broker? Are they sold when they are loaded on the truck or is there grading and negotiation at the crusher? When is your selling price locked in?

Sorry about all the questions, but a business has to know when their payday comes.;)

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest
Nice videos Robert. Your operation seems to be well thought out and very productive. How has your harvest been comparing to others in your area? At what point are your grapes sold to a broker? Are they sold when they are loaded on the truck or is there grading and negotiation at the crusher? When is your selling price locked in?

Sorry about all the questions, but a business has to know when their payday comes.;)

The harvesters are not mine. I help my friend harvest his farm and I have another friend harvest mine. I'm still too small to justify the harvesting equipment.

Our price schedule will be set by the processor around a month ahead of harvest after our crop reports allow them to examine the markets. The easiest way to say it is when we meet our standard brix requirement we're assured of a set price. As each load is delivered it is tested. If it passes for brix and passes inspection (bugs, debris, disease) then it is accepted. Every load over minimum is a higher rate. So we never know exactly how much we will make till after harvest is finished.

I don't mind the questions, I'm on my phone so I didn't go too in depth but hopefully I made some sense.