Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I try to add videos as I have time to take them showing different aspects of my farm. I know a lot of members have asked to see videos of grape harvest and I have some on here of both a pull type harvester and a self propelled harvester. If anyone has any requests for a particular video please ask and I will try to take it. I'm going to start tillage soon for corn and also weed spray in the vineyards. Not a lot going on just yet but when it gets busy then it gets real busy.

johndeerem's channel - YouTube

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest #2  
That's great, very interesting, thanks for posting.
Ever thought about growing hops?

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest
Cornells research lab 15 miles down the road just starting doing research on growing hops in this area. A lot of people have asked them about growing hops around here and it isn't really done so that is why they started a test plot. From my perspective though I don't know if I would switch. I already have the equipment to run a vineyard, switching to hops would require me to rip out grapes and unless there is enough money in it and an extremely stable market I just don't see myself jumping to change my entire operation. But a lot will depend on what Cornell says as these people are very smart and understand our area and our lifestyles quite well. They won't mislead us. I'm very fortunate to have a great research lab so close, they do a lot with the farms here and I can pick their brains anytime I need to and if I need them to come to the farm they will. It is a great resource for us farmers.

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest #4  
Thanks, interesting to see how the post pounder looks in action. Hoping that it works out for us to get one this year, we have a bunch of posts that need replacing.

Aaron Z

Thanks, interesting to see how the post pounder looks in action. Hoping that it works out for us to get one this year, we have a bunch of posts that need replacing.

Aaron Z

I've been happy with it. It has sped up replacing posts significantly. I use to have to make a separate trip through the vineyards with the auger then come back through with the posts. Now it's one pass and done.

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest #6  
I've been happy with it. It has sped up replacing posts significantly. I use to have to make a separate trip through the vineyards with the auger then come back through with the posts. Now it's one pass and done.
We have a 2 rail fence with no climb wire on the inside and the posts are mostly rotted away (rails are still good though). Thinking that for what it would cost to have someone come to set posts, we can buy a Shaver HD-8 from EA and use it for other fences down the road.

Aaron Z

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest #7  
I enjoyed the videos. Thanks for posting. I do have a question, though. Pardon my ignorance because I have never seen a Post Driver in operation. If one encounters a rock while post driving, does the post shatter? Do you have to move around the Rock?

/ Videos of my farm including some of the grape harvest #8  
thanks for sharing

I enjoyed the videos. Thanks for posting. I do have a question, though. Pardon my ignorance because I have never seen a Post Driver in operation. If one encounters a rock while post driving, does the post shatter? Do you have to move around the Rock?

I've never had a problem with rocks yet. If you do find a solid rock the post will eventually shatter.

We have a 2 rail fence with no climb wire on the inside and the posts are mostly rotted away (rails are still good though). Thinking that for what it would cost to have someone come to set posts, we can buy a Shaver HD-8 from EA and use it for other fences down the road.

Aaron Z

These aren't cheap but if you deal with posts any amount they are really worth the cost. It's nice setting a post and having it solid immediately unlike the wobbly posts you get when using an auger.