Orgen man saved by his daughters (pinned under tractor)

/ Orgen man saved by his daughters (pinned under tractor) #1  

Western

Tractor
Kioti DK 35 now
   / Orgen man saved by his daughters (pinned under tractor) #2  
I think someone else already posted this. I hope he reconsiders his decision not to have a ROPS installed.

/ Orgen man saved by his daughters (pinned under tractor) #3  
I was sent the story in an email this morning.

He said he popped the clutch and I assumed the tractor rolled over backwards. The only way I could figure that could happen is if he had the RPMs way on up there and having the tractor a high range/gear. But even that sounds odd to me. On the other hand my tractor always has the FEL installed so that helps weigh down the front end so the tractor might has more "pop" than I think. However, I seldom put the tractor in high range, heck I bet it has been years since the tractor has been in C range.

Has me puzzled on how I could do so a thing if I did not have an attachment on the tractor.

Later,
Dan

/ Orgen man saved by his daughters (pinned under tractor)
If he was on an incline, I could see it happening easier, plus may counter some of the weight the girls had to lift??

/ Orgen man saved by his daughters (pinned under tractor) #5  
The news story that was posted about this on TBN yesterday said the guy was pulling a stump when the accident happened. Having a tractor rotate backwards around the axle when the rig hangs on an immovable object, such as when skidding logs, pulling stumps, etc. is a well known risk for a rollover accident. I believe it helps to avoid this if you attach the pulling point as low as possible on the tractor. The rollover also won't occur if your wheels lose tractor and slip. If the wheels don't slip, the object doesn't move, and the tractor doesn't stall, over you go.

/ Orgen man saved by his daughters (pinned under tractor) #6  
The news story that was posted about this on TBN yesterday said the guy was pulling a stump when the accident happened. Having a tractor rotate backwards around the axle when the rig hangs on an immovable object, such as when skidding logs, pulling stumps, etc. is a well known risk for a rollover accident. I believe it helps to avoid this if you attach the pulling point as low as possible on the tractor. The rollover also won't occur if your wheels lose tractor and slip. If the wheels don't slip, the object doesn't move, and the tractor doesn't stall, over you go.

The report I read did not mention the stump, only that he had popped the clutch. My guess was he was pulling a stump which caused the roll over...

Later,
Dan

/ Orgen man saved by his daughters (pinned under tractor) #8  
Even though I have ROPS. I would never try to pull an object such as a stump from the rear of the tractor. I always try to pull anything from the front