Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available?

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #11  
   / Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #12  
I ain't wanting to eat nary more chemicals in my food! I'm convinced all this stuff is the cause of rise in things like autism, etc. in kids, no telling what else. I'd rather eat non treated weeds than treated crops and meat.

I agree- have you heard about the newest (news) about the food allergy increase in children , that is believed to be related to larger food particles being allowed into the blood stream because of what may be irreversible changes to the gut of mammals after eating a bt crop.

once the larger particles of food are in the blood stream the bodies immune system attacks what it sees as a foreign body, now you have kids that are allergic to basic food groups and it is not known if it is reversible...

The fact that these corporations can keep american citizens from even knowing they are purchasing a gmo is just wrong...

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #13  
all my parent's generation died of cancer, mine is starting to, and while I'm not enthused about any GMO foodstuffs, though
I agree in many cases they are critical for improving production, it's the chemicals we dump on our food that amazes and scares the heck
out of me. Why do I want to put anything that Roundup has been on in my mouth?
If it kills vegetation, it's just hard for me to imagine that it can't have some negative short or long term effect on my body.
Non residual? Boy, I hope someone is testing and confirming that very carefully.

I'm curious, what crops have the most chemicals applied? what are the nasty non-residual stuff we should really worry about? Frequency of application per crop?

And I'm really curious about this.... "organic" vegetables and grains, what keeps the bugs and blight and baddies off them? Just different less effective and thus lower yield
producing alternatives? I know that orange juice concentrate and a little detergent makes an excellent herbicide, but I bet it's a joke compared to Roundup.
But it's no joke if we are getting sick from modern chemistry's finest.
I wonder if it's mucking with our immune system, or something...

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #14  
Last I checked RR sweetcorn was going for 500.00 for a 80,000 count bag and you had to plant at least 20 acres to qualify to even purchase it under monsanto's agreement. Now rumor going around is that in 2014 you would be required to sign an agreement to plant it so next year it should be more readily available and in smaller quantities.

I'm curious, what crops have the most chemicals applied? what are the nasty non-residual stuff we should really worry about? Frequency of application per crop? My answers would fruits by far in comparison to grains such as corn,beans,oats or wheat. Most trees that produce fruit recieve several spraying a year. One in the winter with copper sulfate to prevent blight, One with the insecticide malathalion before bloom to prevent mites and other insects and usually one prior to harvest with some type of loosener.

Monsanto gets a lot of bad rap. Bayer (the same company researching drugs to save you is also one of the leading companies in insecticides) has done a really good job at maintaining a positive image in the public's eye.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #15  
super, Super. Thanks

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #16  
Daugen, I hear ya. Non residual to the corn, fine. What about my ground water? We test gamefish up here for contaminants and there is (was?) an eating guide published. Long before roundup ready came around, I noticed that agricultural areas had poor ratings. Everything is a compromise it seems.
If you're interested in organic this might be a good place to start. Canadian Organic Growers - Choose organic!

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #17  
This spring,China and Russia banned US pork,because of Ractopamine,and then you find out our government has been feeding this Poison to us for 13 years.China bans our pork,but it's good enough for us !! The USDA and the FDA could care less if we all die.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #18  
Monsanto's business practices are a separate issue from the suitability of products grown using their technology.

They are not separate but very closely related.
The lack of ethics and transparency in their business practices speaks volumes to the long-term effects of their procucts/technology.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #19  
Last I checked RR sweetcorn was going for 500.00 for a 80,000 count bag and you had to plant at least 20 acres to qualify to even purchase it under monsanto's agreement. Now rumor going around is that in 2014 you would be required to sign an agreement to plant it so next year it should be more readily available and in smaller quantities.

I'm curious, what crops have the most chemicals applied? what are the nasty non-residual stuff we should really worry about? Frequency of application per crop? My answers would fruits by far in comparison to grains such as corn,beans,oats or wheat. Most trees that produce fruit recieve several spraying a year. One in the winter with copper sulfate to prevent blight, One with the insecticide malathalion before bloom to prevent mites and other insects and usually one prior to harvest with some type of loosener.

Monsanto gets a lot of bad rap. Bayer (the same company researching drugs to save you is also one of the leading companies in insecticides) has done a really good job at maintaining a positive image in the public's eye.

Good thing the "experts" here have no idea how many insecticides, herbicides & fungicides are applied as a matter of course to commercially grown conventional sweet corn.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #20  
This spring,China and Russia banned US pork,because of Ractopamine,and then you find out our government has been feeding this Poison to us for 13 years.China bans our pork,but it's good enough for us !! The USDA and the FDA could care less if we all die.

So, why do we curse Chinese products and foodstuffs on one hand while praising their restrictions on the other? Methinks that is talking out of both sides of the mouth. To say the USDA and FDA don't care if we all die is pure balderdash. We have plenty of good healthy foods available in this country. If our kids are fat, lazy, and disease prone, perhaps it's the parents who regularly feed them the "healthy" menus at the nearest fast food joint.

I consider chemicals used for agricultural and food production to be similar to injection wells. Both are safe if used properly. It's when Larry, Curly, and Moe are the operators that scares me. How many times do we find chemical plants that are dumping waste in rivers/streams and/or hiring contractors who cut corners to increase their profits? These are the people who couldn't care less about the health of their neighbors and their own children.:mad: