Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available?

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #31  
For those concernded about Roundup ready corn consumtion;you are already eating plenty of it.All corn based products are made from "field"corn not sweet corn.

I grow my own, and it is heirloom, NOT RR ready. Seems to be the only safe way, any more.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #33  
Many of you older than me may be well aware of the US history with lead. I was AMAZED when I learned about the history of the US being one of the very last countries to remove lead from most of the products. I just hope that GMO and some of these other chemicals aren't just a repeat the US being the last country to come to its senses. The pesticides that are killing the honey bees is pretty sad. It's even scarier the pesticides that are making compost a poison!

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #34  
   / Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #35  
A lot of the Round Up Ready corn grown in our area goes to the ethanol plant in Greenville, Ohio. I'm sure some of the Round Up Ready soybeans are going somewhere to make biodiesel. That's where the demand is for corn and soybeans. There aren't many hay fields around here anymore. No money in hay like corn and beans these days. I'm not a farmer but all my neighbors are. These are the things that they tell me.

Greenville, Ohio, Ethanol Plant Begins Production, Andersons Inc., The

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #36  
Once up a time, a long time ago, Zeus ordered Hephaestus (Aphrodite's husband) to make him a daughter. It was the first woman made out of clay. Hephaestus made a beautiful woman and named her Pandora.

Zeus sent his new daughter, Pandora, down to earth so that she could marry Epimetheus, who was a gentle but lonely man.

Zeus was not being kind. He was getting even. Epimetheus and Prometheus were brothers. Zeus was mad at one of the brothers, Prometheus, for giving people fire without asking Zeus first.

Zeus gave Pandora a little box with a big heavy lock on it. He made her promise never to open the box. He gave the key to Pandora’s husband and told him to never open the box. Zeus was sure that Epimetheus' curiosity would get the better of him, and that either Epimetheus or his brother would open the box.

Pandora was very curious. She wanted to see what was inside the box, but Epimetheus said no. Better not. "You know your father," Epimetheus sighed, referring to Zeus. "He’s a tricky one."

One day, when Epimetheus lay sleeping, Pandora stole the key and opened the box.

Out flew every kind of disease and sickness, hate and envy, and all the bad things that people had never experienced before. Pandora slammed the lid closed, but it was too late. All the bad things were already out of the box. They flew away, out into the world.

Epimetheus woke up at the sound of her sobbing. “I opened the box and all these ugly things flew out,” she cried. “I tried to catch them, but they all got out.” Pandora opened the box to show him how empty it was. But the box was not quite empty. One tiny bug flew quickly out before Pandora could slam the lid shut again.

“Hello, Pandora,” said the bug, hovering just out of reach. “My name is Hope.” With a nod of thanks for being set free, Hope flew out into the world, a world that now held Envy, Crime, Hate, and Disease – and Hope.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #37  
A lovely story PineStrip. but I thought a RoundUp Ready bean was going to jump out at last and save the world...:eek:

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #38  
All I know is that when I'm down to the last cornflake in my Pandora's Box of cereal, something is buggin' me so I hope for another box. I think Pine Strip is onto something. Until now, I never realized that hope was bad.:confused2:

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #39  
We are surrounded by many miles of corn and soybean fields. These are all sprayed with Roundup every year.

There are thousands of acres in the middle east with land mines. Just because they exist now does that make them a good thing too?

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #40  
There are thousands of acres in the middle east with land mines. Just because they exist now does that make them a good thing too?

I never tried spraying a corn field with land mines. I bet that'd be fun to watch. :laughing: