Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available?

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I don't know where to buy it or how widely available it is but Roundup Ready sweet corn is starting to make inroads in American agriculture. It is apparently already on the market.

It's apparently not widely available or with any seed other than commercial use but when this gets a toe-hold it will change the way all of us grow sweet corn. Imagine, a flowing field or patch of sweet corn with no weeds and no grass from the simple act of spraying Roundup over the crop? Just think of the labor savings and crop quality improvement. Imaging the prevention of weens that will no longer blow onto other areas and infect those crops with weeds?

I've been looking but so far can't find seed for my garden so if anyone happens to know, please post it.

http://www.monsanto.com/products/Pag...weet-corn.aspx

http://thefarmerslife.com/environment/a-taste-test-of-biotech-sweet-corn/

Last edited:
   / Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #2  
It's been around for a while, Have you checked the price of it ???

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available?
   / Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #4  
And the RoundUp will be concentrated in the corn, for all to eat. Maybe all corn will be fit for is for fuel for vehicles, when this stuff becomes common.

If you wouldn't drink the stuff, why would you want to eat it?

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #5  
And just why do you think the "Monsanto Protection Act" was signed into law this spring ??? Frankencorn hosed down with roundup-Yum Yum

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #6  
Have fun with your cancer causing corn. I'll stick to the real deal even if it means a little extra work.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #7  
I ain't wanting to eat nary more chemicals in my food! I'm convinced all this stuff is the cause of rise in things like autism, etc. in kids, no telling what else. I'd rather eat non treated weeds than treated crops and meat.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #8  
Crop quality improvement?? You've got to be kidding.

The world would be far better off without Monsanto

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #9  
There's a reason every other country in the world is kicking this stuff OUT of their country. GMO (genetically modified organisms) have been banned in nearly every other country, but here apparently there's enough foolish people that are willing to take money in trade for everyone else's health. Monsanto is a monster.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #10  
I've got a neighbor that grows field corn using 1980's herbicides because he feels they are "safer" than Roundup. If he prefers residual soil herbicides over non-residual contact chemicals, that's his choice no matter how misguided I think he is.

One thing is certain; organic food production cannot feed the world's population.
Monsanto's business practices are a separate issue from the suitability of products grown using their technology.
How many countries have banned the importation of GMO commodities?